SFF.Network [SFF Network] CORSAIR Unveils Its Fastest Ever SSD range, the Force Series MP500 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

FREMONT, CA — December 13th, 2016 — Corsair®, a world leader in enthusiast memory, high-performance gaming hardware and PC components today announced the immediate availability of the CORSAIR Force MP500 range of M.2 solid state drives, the fastest SSDs yet produced by CORSAIR. Available in 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities, the MP500 range delivers blistering performance up to five times faster than traditional SATA 6Gbps SSDs, offering users the next step in high-performance storage in an ultra-compact form factor.

Read more here.

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Dat pricing tho.

I have my doubts that this Phison equipped Corsair MP500 can challenge the Samsung 960 Pro for the performance crown. Yet here we have Corsair pricing them similarly. We'll need to wait on the reviews, but I'm sensing a price adjustment in Corsair's future.

At least we now have more choice in the M.2 NVMe market, so that's a win for all.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
They may be trying to cash in on the limited availability of the 960-series drives.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's good that there is more competition, it'll force the prices down. Phison usually leaves a bad taste in my mouth but their new PCIe-targeted controllers seemed promising enough to take seriously.