Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
This is my new silent beast:

CASE: Jonsbo C2
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H
CPU: Intel i7-7700
HEATSINK: NOFAN CR-95C
RAM: NR.4 CMK16GX4M1A2400C14 (64GB DDR4 2400Mhz)
SSD: CRUCIAL MX300 1TB M.2
HDPLEX 300W AC-DC + 400W DC-ATX
HDPLEX ATX PSU BRACKET

I had to open the top cover for fix the motherboard.
I fixed the two HDPLEX with some nylon screws/bolts.
I used a shorter AC plug instead of the HDPLEX.
The Heatsink touch the PSU bottom support of the chassis, so I put a rubber between them.

I know that for best venting I should use a top with holes, but this is what I have :)
This case is smaller than a Cooler Master Elite 110 but can fit some M-ATX motherboards!

I have only one problem with sleep mode, but everything is working perfectly on High Sierra.

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
I love fanless builds! :D

This is my new silent beast:
I had to open the top cover for fix the motherboard.

Do you mean you just let the case without the top cover? (Can't see it by the pictures you posted)

Last edited:

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
I love fanless builds! :D

Do you mean you just let the case without the top cover? (Can't see it by hte pictures you posted)

Nope.
I have the top cover but I fixed with only 2 screws instead 4.

Reactions: Kooki

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
How are your temps? I've had nothing but bad luck with the Jonsbo C2 and it killing even low power rigs because the cooling isn't the best.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
How are your temps? I've had nothing but bad luck with the Jonsbo C2 and it killing even low power rigs because the cooling isn't the best.

Bring it to us in SEA here, the high temperature & humidity will kill it even faster :D

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
Similar to north NZ in the summer, trust me XD

Not bad in my opinion, because I don't need airflow.
With 30°C ambient temperature CPU is 44°C in Idle. The problem is HDPLEX AC-DC adapter, It's the hottest component of the rig.
I've tried to put the HDPLEX outside (on the AC-DC) and temperature was almost 10°C lower...

Have you tried a "sandwich" CPU cooler with fan on pull and the psu fan facing down?
I know is not optimal for a PSU but maybe If you have the fan that spin according to the heat...

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Idle temperatures aren't that important, it's the load temperatures that I'd be worried about :)

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
Idle temperatures aren't that important, it's the load temperatures that I'd be worried about :)

I've tried prime 95 for almost 30 minutes and CPU temp reached maximum 90°C. But it was before I raised the AC-DC with bolts (Maybe now can be better).
Tomorrow I will try again, now I'm not at home. :)

Reactions: Kooki

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
If you remove the expansion slot covers you could gain a bit of intake air from the convection caused the cpu cooler.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
If you remove the expansion slot covers you could gain a bit of intake air from the convection caused the cpu cooler.

I don't think it will change, the have a lot of holes and there is a big hole above.

EDIT

Changed offset to -0.170V, new result and slightly better temperatures.

Last edited:

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
I've changed this chassis with a slightly bigger Realan D5S, here in Italy is selled as Itek D5S.
Now I'm using a HDPLEX 160W with an external 240W Dell adapter.

In this hot July I have maximum 72/73C with cpu at 100% after hours.

This D5S has top vent holes, perfect for the CR-95C.

P.S. I'm back to Gnu/Linux.