EVGA's power cable relocator is dope

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Too chunky imho. I can't see it saving any height over just a regular plug with the wires flattened out

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I like it, I'd totally go for that.

I'm guessing they might release something like this for CPU and 24 pin connectors for the 200 series boards?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com

Like I said, its the concept I'm digging. I would love to see hard PCB with small wired bridges in the future. :)

Chunky or not, for cable management buffs it is a PITA to get your wires to the side of your cards and not have them dominate the case.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
would be really nice if they rotated the input sockets to the same direction as the fans (if that makes sense)

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Would be of great help for my build !
Nice to see some actual product design innovations, not only the usual power race...

In the meantime, do you know any 90° angled 6Pin cable ? Such as used in Alienware builds ?

Reactions: Josh | NFC

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I don't have the expertise for this, but I've thought for some time it would be cool if someone could design a right angled 6 and 8 pin connector for the community to be able to 3D printed for builds. Any takers?

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
3D printing on a desktop FDM machine might be tricky; these are high-current connectors, I'd be wary of both the insulating properties of 3D printed thermoplastics, their mechanical properties (could be tricky to print parts that do not separate along a layer join when inserting/removing) and their thermal properties (melting from resistive heating of conductors/pins). Injection moulding would definitely be preferable.

Reactions: Phuncz

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
To me it looks a little slimmer than regular connectors, or at least as thing if they're flattened.
I'd like to see 1x6pin/2x6pin/ other variants of it.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
That is very interesting, but it's much too chunky to be advantageous right now, IMO. If they can achieve a profile where it doesn't just look like a cable in a fancy housing, this could become widely used in SFF builds.