Power Supply Eurocom 780W external power supply

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Also it look freaking massive..... there comes a point when you're paying nearly $500 for a huge power brick that you have to ask yourself - what is the point?

It's a fine looking bit of engineering, but I also have to question the cost and potential size.
OK, you're potentially making your case small without an internal 'traditional' PSU (ATX/SFX/TFX/Flex) but have to cart round a monster like this too, if you're on the move.:\

BlackRogue

Trash Compacter
Oct 22, 2016
Given it can power a super high end SLI setup, would there actually be a way to get it to power one given that something like a HDPlex could only supply just under half of it's overall power (as far as I can tell). Also you would need all the connectors that you don't normally have from a pico psu

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I think a power brick should be preferably sealed and definitely not have any fans, let alone 2 40mm. Power bricks are going to be sitting in very dusty/dirty and/or airflow restricted places, and the inside of the PSU will get filled up with dust in a few months. It will be very loud under load too, in addition to the noise from a gaming laptop. Make it bigger and passive. Otherwise, this is just a server PSU that they put a screen and a different plug on.