T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
So first time putting together a buildup of a computer rig but here it goes

Case: Enermax Steelwing in black/red
Motherboard: Asus B350M-A
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 1700 oc 3.3ghz
Cpu Cooler: Wraith Spire (fan rotated 90 degrees so amd logo is pointing up)
Gpu: Asus AMD R9 Fury Nano 4gb White
Ram: x2 G. Skill 8GB NT Series 2400mhz (running at 2133mhz won't post at 2400mhz)
HDD: WD black 750gb
SSD: Toshiba-TR150 120gb
PSU: Silverstone SFX 600watt

Some additional things
Added a evercool slim 80mm fan into the top fan grill to act as active exhaust
Had to use a old 3.5" to 2.5" adapter to fit my hard drives into the case due to the HDD actually resting against the usb2.0 header on the board which I"m pretty sure would cause a short! o.o

Using sliverstone slim sata cables to the hard drives right now to though I should look into re working the cable management on that at a later time

Anywho without further ado some pictures of the build being put together and some pictures showing some random ideas on psu relocation.

Mobo installed

random moc up on front mounted PSU with a 120 below and a slim 120 over the top exhaust (know the 120 is wasted on the top just for heck of it)

Seeing how much close the psu would fit with the stock fan bracket in the case... would need to be notched 5-7mms for clearance then it would drop in and rest next to the motherboard also room above for a right angle power cable for the psu

Put together the normal way though I really don't care for the psu covering the cpu cooler on the outer

First case I've ever had with a glass side but hope it holds up better then my old bob slay acrylic case

and it in the light on my desk its facing the way it is due to a mainecoon that likes to lay next to the case

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
Switched out the front enermax fan and installed my noctua nf12-pwm eventually will get a silverstone RGB 120mm fan grill to stick infront of.

Also have put in a make shift filter thats made of pet thats used to project lcd's from the keyboard in shipment by HP. got a few sheets of the stuff from work we usually just toss them but noticed its open enough to allow air to pass through but catch dust

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
Just a few more shots of the case with the new silverstone RGB fan grill installed. wasn't able to put it infront of the fan so its pointing inwards lighting everything up!

it is... a bit blinding though in blue o.o

even with the dark PET fiber I'm using for a filter infront of the fan its still really bright o.o

Really am digging how this case looks!

And a shot of my desk can you see something on that desk running windows that's even smaller then my desktop o.o?

I eventually need to get some proper cardboard to make a few templates on how I want to mount the psu in the picture in the 2nd post but flipped so the nicer looking sticker is showing... even if that does mean the intake is pointing into the case an exhausting on the side....
Also wonder if I should remake the case fan mount to be 2 parts so it doesn't block the back of the fan to much

Reactions: K888D and Phuncz

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
Tiny tweak to my case got a 3mm "ultra bright" yellow LED but.. it wasn't really that... "bright" but no more blinding blue power LED

so.. eventually probably will try to replace it with one thats actually "ultra bright"

On another note... how hard would it be to de-anodize the "red" side plate? or would it just be a better idea to find a place to sand blast it till it has a uncolored matte finish?

Reactions: NRG

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Nice build log, How does the Nano go? The one I had a while ago had horrific coil whine under load!

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
This isn't my first nano actually when I first bought it I had one that was unstable an was in the 60db range in coil whine, after a RMA the new one the coil whine is quieter then the fan at full speed so been treating me very well!

Reactions: NRG

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
Micro update I got some of the parts together to adapt the scythe big shuriken 2 rev B to my AM4 board.
Also got a noctua nf f12 industrial 3000 pwm with a phanteks Halo rgb fan ring.

The current unmounted result looks VERY similar to the original ryzen cooler (wish I could get a light up amd logo in the corner) which I dig I'm just working SLOWLY on rewiring the dumb ring to match the 5050 asus wiring scheme.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
Another update I talked a little of an on with guryhwa about making a wireing harness that can hook a silverstone sfx psu to one of his dc/dc units so I'd be able to get the comfortable wattage ceiling without needing multiple bricks.

But on the mean time I designed an 3d printed a sfx psu sized cross through plate with a 60mm to 80mm fan adapter. Now it only supports room for 1 accessory plugin for sata or molex and then 1 pcie 8 pin (6+2) and then course the ESP and 24 pin.
It is by no means pretty in back but now my case can breath about 20oC cooler on the cpu with the fan no longer having a powers upply blocking it partially.
That an I can put the rgb ring back on the 120mm fan!

can look at the album here if there is issues https://******/photos/Tm7FayF6G54dh8sCA