Drilling holes into cases in Austria since earliy 2000

Hi my fellow SFF Nuts

As Stated here, I´ve allways been into compact cases, most of them watercooled in any way. Went from small to big front to back on a yearly basis.
As I´m typing this, I´m running a Z390sys in a Define R6, of course with a external Mora under the Desk. Best Case i´ve ever had and built into, but not so sff.
I´m allready on my way back to smaller cases, Strix Z390 Itx board is allredy on the shelf, dunno yet if I can make it under the 20L Cutoff, or if I end up somewhere between 20-30l in the likes of Thick Itx cases.
Some honorable mentions of my past, which ended in a semi finalized state of use before changing Minds and starting the next build.
1st, My internations seconds of Interweb Fame I earned (well actually not). Found pictures from this build on forums between usa and russia (not the ones I spammed my buildlogs ;-) )
Of course it was a Bitfenix Prodigy, what a Time to be alive, back in the days. The itx hype train started, and we enthusiasts finally got propper itx sized mainboards.

Specs 3770k, p8z77-i, Dominator Platinum GTX680, 140+240 rad intern, Crucial M4 128+512+ Scorpio Blue 1tb in a Himuro Mini, Aquaero6,

Then I went bigger again, cause a singe GTX680 wasn´t enough to Power a 1440p 27" Monitor at propper Framerates. Matx & SLi had to come, Fractal design Arc Mini was my choice and the first of many builds I made in a FD Case
This Arc Mini build went throug many iterations starting with 360/45 + 240/45 internal Radiators

the final stage looked like this, again, back to the roots with my trustwothy Mora under the Desk, and a Single Backupradiator internally for Lanparties, which didn´t work with 680SLI, so I had to take the 360 from the top Picture with me as external Backup.

And a shot from the "dark" side

Specs : 4770k, Gene Vi, Trident X 2400cl10, HDD/SSD Setup as in the previous Build, Aqualis 450ml Glass reservoir/ddc Top.
Yea i stopped sleeving all my wires, and started to make custom length ones in the right colors myself..

What´s to expect from me..
Cracy Ideas, as I´m still on the search for the perfect case, might end in a semi open setup like a hydra itx, fully watercooled or GPU only as a D15 Chromax black Noctua looks so daymn sexy. No Compromize on GPU size 320mm length, 3 Slot Aircooled or supertall Custom PCB´s watercooled.. And an Aquaero. And a Radiator..

Cheers Mike

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Interesting builds ! I like the project involving the Prodigy, interesting work !

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Hi @saxovtsmike, good to see you here!

I recognise your name from elsewhere, and have seen your work on other forums over the years.

Bring on the next SFF project...

Reactions: Phuncz