Greetings from Spain

Hello everybody, as a consequence of the quarantine I decieded to invest my time on a new rig. Since I need some mobility but I hate laptos (thoses things are overpriced ovens), I dediced to gor for my first miniITX build. It´s been quite fun even though I´ve been away from the PC building world for quite a few years now. I´ve learnt a lot (didn´t think that things like airflow could make such a big difference) but I´m still a newbie. Now I´m looking forward to ways of improving my build, and that´s how I found this forum.

I hope I can learn a few things from you guys ?

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Laptops are useful when you have a usecase for them and they can fulfill the performance demands you have. Sometimes it doesn't make sense and there are more than a few people here who have small SFF case just for having desktop performance in a portable package.

Reactions: ChopNorris

ChopNorris

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
May 24, 2020
Of course that laptops are useful in some situations, I was just joking a bit. Had been a laptop user for the last 4 four years because I needed mobility, now I´ve jumped to the portable SFF and I´m really happy with the result! I get the same mobility (in the end I moved the PC twice a week) with a much better performance for more or less the same price.

Reactions: Phuncz