Dream Setup

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
What would your dream setup be? I would like RYZEN and Vega in a Hutzy HS/HASSIUM, with the RGB power button. I would also want a 4K 144HZ display like the ACER or ASUS one, a custom keyboard, a custom trackball/vertical/wireless mouse, HD800S and HDVD 800.

Reactions: Soul_Est

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I would want a custom case with a Zotac 1080 mini, Asus ROG STRIX Z270i, 7700k, dual 960 Pro 2TB, LP53 with different fan, a G-Unique PSU, and a handle. Then for keyboards I would want a Leopold FC980M with MX Clears and the Massdrop x MiTo Canvas keycaps. For monitor I would want a 32 inch 3440x1440 LG monitor with bezels like the Neo Blade 3.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I would want a custom case with a Zotac 1080 mini, Asus ROG STRIX Z270i, 7700k, dual 960 Pro 2TB, LP53 with different fan, a G-Unique PSU, and a handle. Then for keyboards I would want a Leopold FC980M with MX Clears and the Massdrop x MiTo Canvas keycaps. For monitor I would want a 32 inch 3440x1440 LG monitor with bezels like the Neo Blade 3.
Did you get in on the GB for those keycaps?

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
Unfortunately no, I didn't.
I really wanted to, but finances weren't there. I decided to save a bit more to get the Leopold FC980M first.

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
I'd like a height adjustable L-desk with an integrated monitor stand at the very back of its short side with attachments for dual offset monitors and single/dual/triple.
It would also have a built in UPS and two workstation PCs, touch screen for drawing, audio mixer/interface/pre-amp with a set of audio monitors, grounding points for ESD mats, great cable routing for every component with built in power pass-through, diffused RGB lighting at the rear to get a nice relief giving backlight onto the walls, being able to choose the most suiting color for time of day and mood!
Well built and sturdy with materials such as mahogany, carbon fiber and stainless steel , filing cabinets, A3 printer spot, vertical mounted 4 level document tray, a triple pencil stand.. Underside heater and cooler to make your feet all so comfy..
A keyboard with the CM Masterkeys Pro M key layout on a nice light-medium linear switch, with RGB backlighting, a keypad for gaming and editing, a mouse with the button layout of the Sharkoon SZ M20 but with better build and... RGB.
Main monitor would be an industrial looking OLED ultrawide 35"-40" with about 86 ppi good color accuracy and dynamic range and the ability to use it as both curved and flat, not sure about other monitors...
Sound treated room with a bookshelf full of fun knowledge, posters of everything from anatomy and the periodic table to Spidey-Pool, two custom made motorcycles in there, one a scrambler and the other a cafe racer. True to scale models of different vehicles in display cases, a wall that'd be a terrarium for some wonderful turtles which would also reveal the kitchen and a corner designated as a dogs very own little area, a couch in another corner.

All I can think of atm... :\

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I'd like a height adjustable L-desk with an integrated monitor stand at the very back of its short side with attachments for dual offset monitors and single/dual/triple.
It would also have a built in UPS and two workstation PCs, touch screen for drawing, audio mixer/interface/pre-amp with a set of audio monitors, grounding points for ESD mats, great cable routing for every component with built in power pass-through, diffused RGB lighting at the rear to get a nice relief giving backlight onto the walls, being able to choose the most suiting color for time of day and mood!
Well built and sturdy with materials such as mahogany, carbon fiber and stainless steel , filing cabinets, A3 printer spot, vertical mounted 4 level document tray, a triple pencil stand.. Underside heater and cooler to make your feet all so comfy..
A keyboard with the CM Masterkeys Pro M key layout on a nice light-medium linear switch, with RGB backlighting, a keypad for gaming and editing, a mouse with the button layout of the Sharkoon SZ M20 but with better build and... RGB.
Main monitor would be an industrial looking OLED ultrawide 35"-40" with about 86 ppi good color accuracy and dynamic range and the ability to use it as both curved and flat, not sure about other monitors...
Sound treated room with a bookshelf full of fun knowledge, posters of everything from anatomy and the periodic table to Spidey-Pool, two custom made motorcycles in there, one a scrambler and the other a cafe racer. True to scale models of different vehicles in display cases, a wall that'd be a terrarium for some wonderful turtles which would also reveal the kitchen and a corner designated as a dogs very own little area, a couch in another corner.

All I can think of atm... :\
I want a OLED 4K 144HZ Freesync and GSYNC with HDR.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016

Expanded upon here.

Last edited:

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
A mobo w/ a Xeon D
an S4 mini
something w/ one of those Xeon Phi CPU's
something w/ a Tilera CPU in it
Zaber Sentry

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I am also dreaming.
What setup are you dreaming of?

To expand on my sketch here, my dream setup would consist of (from left to right):
  • Studio-monitor headphones + AntLion ModMic
  • (not pictured) Schiit Audio Modi Multibit and Magni 2 Uber
  • 32" 2160p monitor
  • Either a 104-key mechanical keyboard or a 60% mechanical keyboard and number pad
  • My current mouse (Steelseries Guild Wars 2) and a Kensington Slimblade trackball
  • Ryzen 7 and Radeon (RX or Pro WX) Vega based workstation in a custom case (TBD).
  • Either my Huion New 1060PLUS or another drawing tablet with a 10" x 6" active area
  • A comfy leather chair
  • A custom desk

Last edited:
Reactions: LocoMoto

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Monitor: 2:1 (i want room for 2x 4:3 monitors + taskbar at bottom) aspect ratio OLED monitor about the size of a 29inch 21:9 monitor. 3000x1500 pixel resolution would be great. Mounted on a VESA arm would be nice too.

Keyboard: a wireless mechanical keyboard (i dont care about speed just hate wires and like feel of mechanical for typing) with a long battery life and rechargable battery and 10key.

Mouse: Logitech MX Master mouse is fine

Audio: My Audio Technica M50X and Creative X7 amp works good. I can deal with the cable on that.

Controller: Xbox One Elite Controller with wireless adapter

Tower: Asrock X99E + ridiculously high core count Xeon CPU. 16GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung 960 Evo, and a GTX 1050 ti for occasional gaming. Put it in an Arcube case.

A comfy chair and large, empty desk. A bag of doritos that doesn't leave cheesy residue.

Mostly I'm dreaming but, i have a 29in monitor that has VESA mount, a Logitech K780 bluetooth keyboard and MX MAster mouse, also have the Audio part and controller. The case and tower build I don't have, but I'm sure in a few years I can get an 8 core CPU for fairly cheap.

The desk and chair I will get with the new house i'm building with my gf right now.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Monitor: 2:1 (i want room for 2x 4:3 monitors + taskbar at bottom) aspect ratio OLED monitor about the size of a 29inch 21:9 monitor. 3000x1500 pixel resolution would be great. Mounted on a VESA arm would be nice too.

Keyboard: a wireless mechanical keyboard (i dont care about speed just hate wires and like feel of mechanical for typing) with a long battery life and rechargable battery and 10key.

Mouse: Logitech MX Master mouse is fine

Audio: My Audio Technica M50X and Creative X7 amp works good. I can deal with the cable on that.

Controller: Xbox One Elite Controller with wireless adapter

Tower: Asrock X99E + ridiculously high core count Xeon CPU. 16GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung 960 Evo, and a GTX 1050 ti for occasional gaming. Put it in an Arcube case.

A comfy chair and large, empty desk. A bag of doritos that doesn't leave cheesy residue.

Mostly I'm dreaming but, i have a 29in monitor that has VESA mount, a Logitech K780 bluetooth keyboard and MX MAster mouse, also have the Audio part and controller. The case and tower build I don't have, but I'm sure in a few years I can get an 8 core CPU for fairly cheap.

The desk and chair I will get with the new house i'm building with my gf right now.
Good luck on the house. :)