downsizing

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
with both the Skyreach S4 min cases in my hand, I am getting rid of the ATX battleships on my desk, the first build sits next to my bookshelf:

• Asrock fatality Z370
  • (delided) 8700K and the Temps are as advertised
  • placeholder (GTX 1080) while my Mini now saying back ordered

only a few more parts inbound, wires and the switch

now what to do with the second case?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
There are many underprivileged in this world. So, consider donating to a local charity/church which might make good use of it.

Reactions: ignsvn

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
while all of the suggestions gave me something to consider, think my son will get his first computer, his birthday is around the corner, a good way to get him into the work bench and building, he may just decide to build a fish tank

Reactions: SeñorDonut

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
Yet again I have to delay the build, B&H had a 1080 but no longer, think I will have to pay the ridiculous prices at Newegg, $929.00 not sure how I feel about paying so much for a card that should be closer to $600. I continue to work on temperatures with the stand in 1080 reference card, delided, this is one silent system even under load, will update when all the parts have arrived

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yet again I have to delay the build, B&H had a 1080 but no longer, think I will have to pay the ridiculous prices at Newegg, $929.00 not sure how I feel about paying so much for a card that should be closer to $600. I continue to work on temperatures with the stand in 1080 reference card, delided, this is one silent system even under load, will update when all the parts have arrived

You might want to wait until at least next week, Newegg has had it in and out of stock several times in the last couple weeks for like $629.

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
as many of you know, I was on the hunt for a 1080 mini, my order arrived, the seller from amazon had a new Gigabyte 1080 mini, the problem, the card is used and you can even tell that it had a hard life, the seller packed it in regular clear plastic, like the kind you would find for clothing items, not the non conductive packaging we all know, returning it will not be a problem, but to warn others, stay away Primedeal om amazon

Reactions: cmyk78