HAALP! My Skyreach 4 mini build stopped powering on... :(

TH0Ryn

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
EDIT: Problem solved. Just needed to clear the CMOS.

-----------

Built a clean little Skyreach 4 mini build back in January. It's been working like a charm since then.
Packed it up to take into the office today (wanted to show it off to some co-workers), but when I set it all up in the office, no dice.

Everything worked perfectly last night, but now when I try to power on, nothing happens.

The lights on the motherboard light up, along with the little orange light on the hdplex 400w power supply, but no action when I hit the power button.

I have unplugged everything and plugged it back in just in case something rattled loose on the commute and wasn't properly seated, still no luck.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?
Any advice on my next step to diagnose the issue?

Build:
Mobo: asrock z370 fatality itx
CPU: i7 8700
GPU: zotac 1080 mini
PSU: hdplex 400w

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Built a clean little Skyreach 4 mini build back in January. It's been working like a charm since then.
Packed it up to take into the office today (wanted to show it off to some co-workers), but when I set it all up in the office, no dice.

Everything worked perfectly last night, but now when I try to power on, nothing happens.

The lights on the motherboard light up, along with the little orange light on the hdplex 400w power supply, but no action when I hit the power button.

I have unplugged everything and plugged it back in just in case something rattled loose on the commute and wasn't properly seated, still no luck.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?
Any advice on my next step to diagnose the issue?

Build:
Mobo: asrock z370 fatality itx
CPU: i7 8700
GPU: zotac 1080 mini
PSU: hdplex 400w
Try shorting the front-panel power pin, off chance your button is busted. Then try a normal PSU just to rule out the HDplex stuff. Then try reseating your memory, followed by your GPU. Give it all a proper dusting as well.

TH0Ryn

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Try shorting the front-panel power pin, off chance your button is busted. Then try a normal PSU just to rule out the HDplex stuff. Then try reseating your memory, followed by your GPU. Give it all a proper dusting as well.

Thanks for the tips Biowarejak.

As you suggested, I tried shorting the front-panel power pin, tried a new PSU, tested the voltages on both the new and the old PST, reseated the memory, GPU, and CPU. The machine is totally dust free. Still no luck.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

I'm guessing my next best bet is to start trying the components in other working systems, to isolate whatever is causing the issue.

Reactions: Biowarejak

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Moved the thread to Hardware (from NFC vendor subforum) as chances are the fault isn't caused by the case. May get more hits here!

Reactions: Biowarejak