Cooling Does anyone know what the internals of the XSPC X20 420 is made of?

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
I am planning an ITX watercooling build based around the EKWB aluminium kit: https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

But the pump-reservoir combo that comes along with it is too big/bulky for my intended case. So I have thus been looking at this pump and reservoir combo from XSPC:

http://www.xs-pc.com/water-pumps/x2o-420-single-bayrespump

Does anyone here know what the internals of the pump are made from and if it will be risky to add this pump to the loop instead? As I assume XSPC targeted their pump towards traditional copper components, can I assume it is made from copper? Or will it be steel?

Will steel be an issue together with aluminium?

Thank you!

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I believe it’s the same small pump used in the ion. It’s all plastic so no compatibility concerns.

I had a ION which I returned as although the pumps was alright (however certainly not d5 standard), I found it noisy.

Have a read of the reviews for that specific BayRes as I remember seeing somewhere about people encountering issues bleeding the system with that part (but I might be mistaken).

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
I believe it’s the same small pump used in the ion. It’s all plastic so no compatibility concerns.

I had a ION which I returned as although the pumps was alright (however certainly not d5 standard), I found it noisy.

Have a read of the reviews for that specific BayRes as I remember seeing somewhere about people encountering issues bleeding the system with that part (but I might be mistaken).

Yeah, I don't expect D5 level of performance by any means. If you know of an alternative, please feel free to suggest.

I just realized the screw/threads in the pump are probably nickel coated copper (or?), will that cause issues with aluminium?