Differences between A4 versions

JetLaw

Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Hi:

I am curious as to what the differences are between the Dan Case A4 v1, v2, and v3.

Thanks!

Josh

Reactions: Broxin

gotcha43

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2018
Changelog

V3
  • Lian Li PCIe 16x Gen3 riser (black PCB and cabes)
  • Adjustments to the USB3.0 internal cable to be compatible with Asetek 92mm AIO
  • Improvements to the power button to optimise the pressure point
  • Adding mount points for HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX
  • Mounting bracket for 120mm AIO

V2
  • Cover for GPU mount area
  • Better alignment of USB port
  • Stamp-in motherboard stand-offs
  • 92mm fan or AIO mount point
  • Rubber case feet with better grip
  • Kensington Lock

V1
  • origin

Szemen

Efficiency Noob
Nov 10, 2018
v4
  • New riser with 185mm short cable (like this https://www.sfflab.com/collections/parts/products/pcie-extender-adt) will drop retail price $10-$25
  • Adding 92mm fan mountpoint + ventholes under the motherboard
  • Lifting the PSU 5mm up to have more space for 92mm AIO
  • removing 120mm AIO bracket from included to optional (orderable over SFFLabs parts section)
  • USB 3.1 gen2 Typ-C at the front
  • adding mointpoints over the motherboard for 120mm AIO bracket to be able to mount a 120mm fan above motherboard
  • making the PWSW cable longer for better access on cheap MSI AM4 boards
  • changing HDD bracket to support for 15mm thick drives

Reactions: Broxin and Engr62

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Are you sure these have been confirmed? I don't think moving the PSU up 5mm was said in Dan's latest update.
v4
  • New riser with 185mm short cable (like this https://www.sfflab.com/collections/parts/products/pcie-extender-adt) will drop retail price $10-$25
  • Adding 92mm fan mountpoint + ventholes under the motherboard
  • Lifting the PSU 5mm up to have more space for 92mm AIO
  • removing 120mm AIO bracket from included to optional (orderable over SFFLabs parts section)
  • USB 3.1 gen2 Typ-C at the front
  • adding mointpoints over the motherboard for 120mm AIO bracket to be able to mount a 120mm fan above motherboard
  • making the PWSW cable longer for better access on cheap MSI AM4 boards
  • changing HDD bracket to support for 15mm thick drives

Scuph

Chassis Packer
Feb 14, 2019
For the 120 fan that is "above" the mobo, is it above as in on the top of the case or above as in in front of / on the side of the mobo. Are there any pictures or renders of this new feature?

Szemen

Efficiency Noob
Nov 10, 2018
For the 120 fan that is "above" the mobo, is it above as in on the top of the case or above as in in front of / on the side of the mobo. Are there any pictures or renders of this new feature?
It's so hard trying to find confirmation but my brain pictures is on the side of the case to the right of the mobo.

Are you sure these have been confirmed? I don't think moving the PSU up 5mm was said in Dan's latest update.
Good point. I'm not too sure. Since that post, I can't find another post outlining the confirmation, it's also for preorder on SFFLabs as well so I'm guessing most of those have been pushed through in v4. Can't find any information though