Did the current gen GPUs ever get any Low Profile graphics cards?

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
2 years ago I built my custom ITX case and PC with an MSI 1050 ti LP GPU. Has there been any "sequels" made to this kind of GPUs after that? Last I checked was a year ago, and then the answer was no. I would like to have a more modern GPU with same performance and size, but lower TDP (due to smaller architecture).

Anyone know anything that would suit my needs?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Yes, the non RTX ’16xx’ side of the Turing GPU family have GTX 1650 LP variants as the 1050Ti’s successor.
There are LPs from Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac. There may be others, but I haven’t looked in detail as I am not in the market for an LP card at the moment.

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Get the ASUS 1650 LP (It has a zero RPM fan mode) or maybe wait a few weeks to see if any of the GPU manufactures announce a GDDR6 LP 1650.

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
I was on the same boat as the OP, just pulled the trigger on the ASUS 1650 LP OC.

MSI has a GDDR6 version of the 1650 LP but not on the market yet and it may take a long time for mass availability, while this depends also on where you are on the globe... I didn't have time to wait and I don't believe GDDR6 models will be measurably faster.

txporter

Caliper Novice
Feb 1, 2020
I picked up the Gigabyte version of the 1650 LP a little earlier this year too. It has been fine and pretty quiet. My ears also perked up about a GDDR6 version of the GTX 1650 LP, but I hadn't heard that there was plans for any yet. I think that I did see that something like 6-10% performance boost is expected with the faster memory, so isn't a whole lot.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I picked up the Gigabyte version of the 1650 LP a little earlier this year too. It has been fine and pretty quiet. My ears also perked up about a GDDR6 version of the GTX 1650 LP, but I hadn't heard that there was plans for any yet. I think that I did see that something like 6-10% performance boost is expected with the faster memory, so isn't a whole lot.

I'll be waiting for baited breath for an upgrade to the LP 1650 because it is just a touch underpowered for consistent 1080p 60 fps gaming. Very happy though with my current card, the form factor is so great.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
Since I was planning on making a Hackintosh with an LP-card, I now read (and remembered) that it is much more preferable to make hackintoshes with AMD graphics (or am I misinformed now?) Has there been any more powerful LP-GPU on the AMD side than the MSI RX 560 LP 4GB OC? No newer architectures in LP-format from AMD?

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Nothing yet. They should be able to do it on the upcoming generation but I haven't heard anything... Hence I pulled the trigger on the 1650 LP.