Advice MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB Passive OC Low Profile Graphics Card?

findingmyfeet

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 23, 2021
Hi there, I'm currently still working through on what my final build might look like, but one thing is certain and that is graphics cards are ridiculously priced right now for anything half decent.

I'm thinking something built on Ryzen 5800x and Rog Strix X570 I Gaming as a start. Not yet picked RAM as still trying to decide on case, etc.

Bearing this in mind In thinking of a build that contains MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB Passive OC Low Profile Graphics Card as a cheap step to get the system up and working in the meantime.

Would appreciate thoughts as to how capable these cards would be for some low to mid setting gaming as a work around until availability and price start to turn the corner.

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Yes the graphics card situation is pretty terrible, might be a long while before you can get your hands at something decent again for a reasonable price. To answer your question about the 1030, It will run some older titles in 720 or 1080p at low settings. But its the lowest possible card you can get, depending on what you are expecting you can get some gaming out of it. but off course anything higher up would be better. I dontt know which country you are in but maybe you can try your luck on getting founders edition cards.

findingmyfeet

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 23, 2021
Yes thanks for that, I wasn't really expecting to get much out of it more just to get something up and running to do some other more admin type things and possibly a little old school gaming.

As such was thinking of saving as much as possible whilst things sort themselves out. I'm in the UK so everywhere I've looked I've found pretty much nothing so far.