Deskmini stx 110 with GPU/HDPLEX question

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
hello gang! I need help on one of the resident experts here Im about to try this one out

but instead of using an sfx psu to power Im going to use a 160w hdplex with a jumper. would I get the same results? I'm planning to get the most portable mini rig out there.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
do you already have a DeskMini case ??

i have one that i've modified to fit a CryOrig C7.

if you're willing to test a CryOrig C7 with it, i can give you this DeskMini case for free.

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
I have one already and also tried fitting the C7 fan, though thank you for the kind offer.

Cellbuster

Efficiency Noob
Jun 14, 2018
The HDPlex should work if you can make a custom cable from the SATA 12v to the riser, and you have a way to power the HDplex itself. I had considered doing this myself, but I don't really want to put more money into this project when I can start fresh later with mITX and something like the Velka 3. STX is a cool form factor but power delivery for STX builds are sort of a headache if you're simply looking for something practical and cost effective. Especially when mITX is already so close in volume and well supported.

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
if its just to power the 4x - 16x riser there is a ribbon for it I believe the 3 pin to sata, which I believe hdplex is capable of on its sata connector. I might try it and to power the hdplex I will just buy a 24 pin jumper those black ones in ebay. anyways thanks will update once I have all the parts. thanks :)