Deskmini 110 build with GPU

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hi all,

I am currently building a more amateur version of the build here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/stx160-0-the-most-powerful-atx-unit-in-the-world.934/

So far I have the internals from a Deskmini 110, with an i7 7700k and am looking to add a GPU. Looking to get a 1060 mini or higher so that it has the external power connector.

I have purchased the HDPlex 160 and am just trying to figure out the best way to power the M.2 to PCI-e riser. It currently has a FDD to 4 pin male molex cable, and I am now trying to find a female 4 pin molex to P4 but can't find any anywhere? I'm based in the UK.

On the build log quoted above and the youtube video found here:
It look likes they have a FDD to P4 cable, but again can't find them anywhere?

Can anyone direct me to where I can find these cables? Otherwise I am looking to get a female molex to sata, and would have to then use a sata cable to the HDPlex 160, which is just far more cable than I would like to have to try and fit in.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If you don't have the expertise to do the custom cable on your own, I would suggest contacting @royalba94. He is a custom cable maker that frequents these forums as well as a super nice guy.

Reactions: royalba94

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
If you don't have the expertise to do the custom cable on your own, I would suggest contacting @royalba94. He is a custom cable maker that frequents these forums as well as a super nice guy.

Aw, thx for the mention :)

@mbrown278 I wouldn't mind helping out - I am based in the USA tho so shipping might be annoying if I made it for you :/

If nothing else I at least could help you out with steps to make your own tho :)

Reactions: Day VReamer

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
Aw, thx for the mention :)

@mbrown278 I wouldn't mind helping out - I am based in the USA tho so shipping might be annoying if I made it for you :/

If nothing else I at least could help you out with steps to make your own tho :)

Thanks all for the replies, just looking at a flex atx 300w psu as it would fit in the build and comes with all the cables I need and in a modular format. I’ve ordered it and will try both the hd Plex and flex atx and see what works best for the setup. If the cables aren’t what they seem from the specs/photos then I might have to drop you a message to guide me through custom cabling, thank you :)

Reactions: royalba94