Image Credit - Densium​

Densium has opened orders for the Densium 4 V2 and is currently offering them for $40 off retail pricing bringing the price to $119.99. In addition to the sale on the case, Densium is offering 50% off riser cables using coupon code D4V2. Densium has listed the changes in version 2 of the case, and they are too numerous for me to list in the middle of this article, so scroll down to the bottom for all of them, or check out the Densium main SFFN thread by CLICKING HERE. Primary changes have focused on build quality and compatibility. Some include a stronger spine, front USB port, and improved clearances. On major change though is the packaging that it will ship with.

For those that don't know, there was a major issue with the packaging of the original Densium due to a miscommunication from the manufacturing facility to the packaging department. This lead to many cases being shipped in unprotected envelopes, with the expected damage of that would happen. Densium stepped up and did right by all of the customers by replacing or repairing these cases. I myself had a shipping order error that was addressed by literally sending me a new case, which has resulted in me having two very elegant Densium cases in black and rosewood. Look for our upcoming review soon.

You can check out the Densium website and get your pre-order by CLICKING HERE.

Below is the change log from Version 1 to Version 2.

• 'Base' and 'Spine' to be made of 1.5mm aluminum instead of 1.2mm SPCC
    • The increased thickness will make the countersinking more consistent
    • Reduces the weight.
    • Evidently, the PSU screws now tears away the powdercoat easily, so I'll make sure washers a re included.
  • Side panels will be made of 304 stainless steel instead of SPCC
    • 304ss is less pliable, making the side panels stronger and stiffer.
    • Corrosion resistant
  • Motherboard standoffs changed from M3 to UNC #6-32 threads, and also made 2mm longer.
    • More clearance for CPU cooler backplates
    • More clearance for motherboard backplates
    • Slightly bigger diameter
  • GPU standoffs increased 1mm
    • Some GPUs have thicker backplates than advertised
    • Adds to the CPU cooler backplate clearance
  • Completely redesigned frontpanel bracket. Now made from 1 single piece of 1.2mm 304 stainless steel. Attaches to side flanges instead of top and bottom of case.
    • Much stronger
    • Having the bends on the side instead of the top prevents cables from putting strain on the front panel.
    • Hides screws under front panel
    • Now completely flippable, so you can choose the orientation.
    • Adds to the rigidity of the case
  • Added USB 3.1 10gbps type A port to front panel.
    • Manufactured by ADT-Link
    • Uses 19pin A-key internal usb connector
    • Securely attaches to the front panel bracket
    • Still waiting for prototype
  • Dual orientation PSU
    • Together with dual orientation frontpanel, it allows for completely flippable layout.
  • PSU raised 3mm off the 'floor'
    • To accomodate case feet
    • To accomodate screws for handles/case feet
    • Case will come with Ø10x3mm magnets that securely attaches to PSU (tested with Enhance ENP-7660)
    • The aluminum and 304 stainless will not interfere with magnets
    • Magnets are very low friction, so sliding in the PSU is still effortless.
  • The rear flange on GPU-side now extends all the way.
    • Adds to the rigidity of the case
    • Giving more clearance between the GPU fan and side panel.
  • Ventilation holes changed from Ø6 with 7.5mm pitch to Ø6.5 with 8mm pitch
    • 8mn can perfectly divide 96mm and 128mm, which are commonly used screw spacings for cabinet and drawer handles, giving customers option to source a wide variety of handles if they desire.
    • Slightly more open area
  • Added an extra row of ventilation holes to the side panels
    • More airflow
    • Better aesthetic (top and bottom holes are now aligned)
  • Custom length standoffs
    • Made to fit the perfectly without the use of washers
    • Prevent washers being forgotten during assembly.
  • Custom branded boxes with foam
    • This was a necessity, as last time I left the packaging up to the warehouse staff, and it resulted very high damage rate. Now the cases will be assembled and put in the box at the factory assembly, also resulting in shorter fulfillment times.
    • Black 'base with lid' boxes
    • Accessories will come in extra box that will be inside the case
  • The GPU now sits lower in the case
    • This is achieved with the CNC aluminum part shown in picture 8. Previously the standoffs for riser and motherboard would interfere in this position, but thanks to this part we can mount the GPU here.
    • IMO, better aesthetics
    • Makes inserting the cables easier for some GPUs
    • Problem with prototype identified. The Gen4 risers take more space than Gen3, so I'll have to raise the mounting 5mm more than shown in picture.
  • Extended the 'depth' of the case by 3mm
    • To accomodate for the new frontpanel bracket
    • Gives slightly bigger place for cables
  • Added more clearance on top of the motherboard to accomodate screws for handles.
  • Extras
    • Will come with allen key for the hex screws
    • Will come with UNC 6-32 screws for motherboard and power supply
    • Extra screws
    • Rubber case feet
    • Powerbuttons have longer cables
    • If you don't like the USB-port I can manufacture frontpanels without the USB cutout.
All the changes have led to a slight increase in size. The new dimensions are now 103x225x93mm, resulting in a volume of 4.47L (increase of 4dl) The size increase will be equivalent in the new 4+ version. The size increase does not make a 'real world' difference, but actually makes the case even easier to assemble.

I'm truly impressed by the quality of the prototype, all the future customers have something to look forward to!

Also I've ordered a prototype of a possible 'Densium 4 APU', which will be the exact same as the Densium 4, apart from removing the GPU, and moving the motherboard further 'back'. Let me know if you're interested.

Reactions: Flydommo and Phuncz