Denoting case/project status?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
So the topic came up during internal discussion on better ways to denote which threads in the Custom Cases & Projects section were in development versus production.

One proposal is separate sub-forums, and when a project moves from the development/crowdfunding phase to production to move the thread.

Another proposal is to have thread prefixes like the Buy/Sell/Trade sub-forum to show status. For example, [Development], [Crowdfunding], [Production], [Support] or something.

I lean towards the latter, but we'd like feedback from the community on these (or some other idea entirely) so it's clearer when browsing the forum which stage of development the various projects are at.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Looks like I'm the first one to have a stalled project.

But not the only one :p

I didn't realize this before, but at the bottom of the sub-forum screen is a Thread Display Options drop-down and you can filter by prefix.

Also, it would be nice if the prefixes didn't show up in the page title. "Prototyping - " takes up almost the entire space available on a tab title in my Browser.

Done!

I'd also prefer an off white or very light grey background colour for... well all of it or at the very least, much more muted colours.

Yeah, colors need tweaking but I'm not sure which route to go yet.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Something you can do for getting more out of the possible colors is to use a darker shade of a color for the font and a lighter shade of the same color for the background. This way it's a clearer difference between the different labels and also allows light and dark background to have text be consistently readable.

Like this:

Reactions: IntoxicatedPuma

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
the only problem w/ that approach is its often difficult for visually impaired people to read.
Im not sure if the W3C have updated this since 2008 but its a solid read if your looking to maximise the accessibility of your content
https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/

Reactions: confusis and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

Would it be possible to omit the project status from the webpage title that's displayed in the tabs ? In the screenshot above, if I have one more tab open, you can't read more than the project status making it difficult to navigate between tabs. To me it doesn't seem like a big loss since the page titles themselves don't benefit from having the project status.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Huh, I could have sworn I did this at one point. I guess it reverted in one of the maintenances and I didn't notice :\

Fixed now.

Reactions: Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

Is here. Stickied at the top of the concepts subforum :)

Reactions: Phuncz and tedlas