SFF.Network Day 1 of CES 2018 - A Roundup

We haven't yet set foot on the show floor, but already the SFF related news is flying thick and fast! Below is a roundup of interesting coverage from Day 1 at CES 2018.

Our team arrives at the show tomorrow (Las Vegas time), calipers in hand, so look forward to more in depth coverage!

Read more here.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If you take all those black and white covers off the NZXT board, all you're gonna see is ECS brown baby!

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
A fairly nice clean board, with some heatsinks that actually look vaguely like they were designed to dissipate heat. Of course, they then want to stick them under a sheet of plastic...

Reactions: Soul_Est

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Any word on an ITX AM4 board with HDMI 2.0? Please ask the motherboard vendors if HDMI 2.0 is in the cards for the next-gen 400-series AM4 ITX boards. Raven Ridge desktop kind of needs it for my family member’s use case, an HTPC.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
As mentioned before who on earth would pay 300$ for an ecs board. Looks aren’t everything!
That's the problem: it's an "NZXT" board. Since most people who buy shiny things for their PC without taking a second look at performance or quality, many will just see it as a component that doesn't detract from other RGB stuffs. And people seem to not mind paying 200$ for RGB all-show-no-go display cases, so why not pay an extra 300$ to have that motherboard-shaped hole filled with an RGB all-show-no-go motherboard ?

And here I am blacking out LEDs so they don't distract me.

riposte

Trash Compacter
Dec 9, 2017

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
That's the problem: it's an "NZXT" board. Since most people who buy shiny things for their PC without taking a second look at performance or quality, many will just see it as a component that doesn't detract from other RGB stuffs. And people seem to not mind paying 200$ for RGB all-show-no-go display cases, so why not pay an extra 300$ to have that motherboard-shaped hole filled with an RGB all-show-no-go motherboard ?

And here I am blacking out LEDs so they don't distract me.
As i keep saying : RGB & TG are pure evil...XD

darksidecookie

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 1, 2016
A fairly nice clean board, with some heatsinks that actually look vaguely like they were designed to dissipate heat. Of course, they then want to stick them under a sheet of plastic...
i believe the sheet is made of steel and the parts covering the nvm ssd's between the pcie slots are aluminium

Reactions: EdZ

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Inwin gaming cube a1 info please :)

HardwareCanucks did a video review a few days ago of the A1, shame that it comes with that power supply. I love the idea of charging Qi enabled devices on top - but really, hopefully it can be had without that PSU.

InWin A1 info page is here. I loved the one with the wood top teased over a year ago, too bad that didn't come to fruition.