Dan-case A4-SFX v4.1

RC51Man

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
So I started my build today. It consists of a ASUS ROG STRIX x570 ITX mobo, 2 M.2 NVME drives, Noctua L9A cooler (swapped the stock 92mm fan for a Noctua 25mm high 92mm fan), 32gb ofDDR4-3200 G-Skill Trident Z memory, Corsair SF-750 power supply and an MSI GeForce 2080TI Ventus 11G GPU. The only problem I am truly having is the GPU. I have had to Dremel the front portion of the fan/shroud to make it fit and now the height (?) of the GPU is causing issues with getting the side panel on. I have attached pictures for reference. I want/need help to know if there are low profile fan shrouds available for this GPU card or (if worse comes to worse passive cooling)? Thanks for your input.

RC51Man

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
I would have researched compatible hardware before cannibalizing a $1000 card.

Not too concerned about the minor changes made. Besides I already had the card before ordering the case so that is a moot point anyway but thanks for the feedback.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I wonder if you could get rid of the GPU plastics.
On the other hand, you could look for adapters to assemble the side-panel a couple mm from the case. Like those TGL panels that don't totally close the case, despite it will defeat the aesthetics of the A4-SFX.

RC51Man

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
I orderd two Noctua 40x40x10mm fans. I will pull the stock fans and mount the Noctua fans. It has been done to other GPUs.

Reactions: laiv

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
how thick is your heatsink? you could always try to take off front shroud with fans and buy a pwm adapter then zip tie noctua 120mm slim or at worst 92mm diameter slim fans to it.

RC51Man

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
After measuring the clearance from the heatsink to where the side panel is 10mm will either just barley clear or the fans may rest on the panel.

RC51Man

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
This build is going on its second full day. Some of it waiting for parts. I took the 14mm tall fan off the NH-L9A cooler and replaced it with a 92mmx25mm tall Noctua fan for extra air flow. I took the stock fan from the cooler and placed it underneath the mother board and put a seconed 92x25mm fan underneath the PSU/GPU.