The MiniVa11idus Dan A4

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
Hey guys,

I finally got my case yesterday. I made some some small mods to it.

Parts:

i7-5820k @ stock clocks and undervolted
Dynatron t318 + Noctua fan
Asrock x99e-itx (red painted heatsinks)
32GB 3200 @ 3200/15CAS
RD400 1TB M.2
GTX 1080 FTW DT
Corsair SF600
Dan Case A4 SFX

Let's start with the heatsink

I dremeled a line on both sides to fit these brackets that I had left over from an older noctua heatsink. It is a perfect fit with the fan hanging a little to cool the m.2 SSD.

M.2 and red heatsinks in all of it's glory!

Next I moded the i/o shield to fit a noctua 40mm lil fan.

I used a mini display port and full sized display port gpu plastic covers to hold the fan securely in place. They are wedged between the fan and the lan cable and the other one is between the fan and the case. It is firmly in place and they can be removed without too much force.

Dremel cut came out pretty good. I used a sharpie to clean out the bare aluminum left from the dremel job.

The dynatron heatsink exhausts to the psu and the i/o shield so I hope this can help a little with the heat. Unfortunatly I won't be able to test it until Monday...

Some cable management glory shots. Not the best but the air flow isn't obstructed.

Perks of having an m.2 ssd is that I don't need any of the ssd mounts.

You can't even tell the cables are up front although it was a tight fit.

DEADPOOL and a video card!

And finally the case.

Donesies.

Let me know if you guys want me to run any specific bencarks. I will run a prime 95 with and without the 40mm fan on for temps.

Posted this on my phone so hopefully the format looks ok.

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
@Aibohphobia

I added some pics to show the red heatsinks on the x99e-itx. It was originally painted for my previous build that had red g.skill ram and a black and red gtx 980 Classy. I got a great deal on the g.skill 32GB kit so that's why it doesn't match.

Congrats on finishing the STX160!

Reactions: jeshikat

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
The 40mm Noctua in the IO shield is pretty genius.
I thought so too. Some A4 owners were saying that they had 3-4 degree temp drops by removing the i/o shield so this should at least give me similar numbers. I got the idea out of an old dfi lan party board that had a 40mm fan in the same spot.

Let's hope it proves to be a worthy venture..

trik777

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2017
Very nice build very clean. How big in Liters is the case? Just wondering because of the ability to fit the GPU and a SFX PSU.