Dan A4-SFX Aluminum Finish

Paeve

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 19, 2019
Hi,
I recently pre-ordered the v4.1 and cannot be more excited. I have been doing research and am stoked to build in this case.
That being said, my friend runs an anodization shop and I was wondering if anyone had any experience stripping and re-anodizing the side and main panels of this case in a different color? On the website it lists silver and black anodized exterior and painted interior. Are the anodized panels painted at all on the inside? From what I can tell they are not.
I also plan on re-anodizing the heatsinks on my motherboard to match my color scheme, as well as building a low profile custom cable set to match.
If anyone has done anything similar, or has any insight on the quality of the panels and aluminum anodization, I would love the info.

Thanks in advance!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
As long as the push pin fasteners that are pressed into the panel aren't steel, this should be totally do-able. They appear to be the same colour as the panel, which tells me they're probably aluminum also. If you re-anodize the panels they may be a little duller than original due to the etching process, but your friend may be able to control this for you.

Paeve

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 19, 2019
As long as the push pin fasteners that are pressed into the panel aren't steel, this should be totally do-able. They appear to be the same colour as the panel, which tells me they're probably aluminum also. If you re-anodize the panels they may be a little duller than original due to the etching process, but your friend may be able to control this for you.

Thanks for the reply! I'm really excited to do this. We decided that if the ano doesn't take we are going to powder coat it or something similar. They have all the necessary tools to re-brush the panels into any pattern I want too, should be neat!
Here's my build for anyone interested:

Dan A4-SFX v4.1
Asetek 645LT AIO CPU Cooler
2x noctua NF-A9x14, one for radiator, one stood up to cool the VRM
92mm fan grill
16gb corsair vengence LPX RAM
Corsair platinum 600W SF PSU
gigabyte aorous pro wifi x570 AM4 mobo
Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon RX 5700XT Powercolor GPU
1tb m.2 nvme samsung 970 evo SSD
noctua NT-H2 thermal paste
Custom built cabling based on pslate's design (just ordered the molex connectors on DigiKey)

I plan on driving a [pair of] 1440 144hz monitor for gaming and general use. Plan on undervolting both CPU and GPU to keep temps in check.

Last edited:

Paeve

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 19, 2019
Looks like the push pins are steel :( maybe going to try to powder coat it this weekend if I can get my hardware to work.
Been having crazy display issues and have been through 2 GPUs with the same issue. No display at all, doesn't even display BIOS.