Custom cables for 3000 FE

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
Hi all,

As I am planning to buy a 3080 FE, I was looking into getting custom cables for the power cable.

I saw pslatecustoms.com is going to make some, but unfortunately non sleeved cables as the connector is a bit small.

So I was wondering if I could give a try to make my own. Does anyone have seen where we could get the 12 pin connector part?

Or at least what the technical name of it? If I Google 12 pin connector, I just get the NVIDIA card related articles. I would need to know how an electronic part shop would refer to it...

Any input would be welcome :)

Thanks

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
Just in case someone is interested, pslatecustoms started releasing his custom cables.

I found them by luck while browsing the website in the contact section :

I just bought one, I love his work and I was also missing some other cable. So "what's the hell". Now I just need the GPU ?

Reactions: rfarmer

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
Since we start listing all the custom cables, it is also worth mentioning that seasonic power supply owners can get their 12 pin cable for free :)

See there to get yours : https://seasonic.com/request-12pin-cable

And I also saw some sleeved cables there :

But I think you may not be able to close the side panel of the M1 with those.

TheMEXiCAN99

Chassis Packer
Aug 26, 2020
Just out of interest, what is the typical length required for the GPU cable in the ncase. I haven't built it yet but I plan to get the Corsair SF750 and the 3080 FE.. eventually. I plan to have the fan of the PSU blowing out of the case.

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
I haven't received my custom cables yet. It will take a couple of weeks before I get them. (And I also don't have the card...)

For what it is worth, I took a measuring tape to get a rough estimate. With like 23cm you can go from where I expect the middle of the card to the power supply while making square angles. If you cut corners, 20cm should be enough. I will confirm when I get my cables.

Reactions: TheMEXiCAN99

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
I just upgraded my order to a sleeved cable version:

Phil/pslatecustom is awesome ?

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah, I guess that's a good option if AMD offering is competitive ?

For me, I want Cuda. So there is no other choice. I still have my Titan Pascal which does a decent job, I can wait

Reactions: TheMEXiCAN99