Cryorig C7 fan blade swap possible?

DanT

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
Hi, I wonder if I can disassemble the fan that comes with Cryorig C7? I have both versions of Cryorig C7, while Copper C7 have white shroud and black fan blade and for the regular one that comes with a black shroud and white fan. For my next build which is in Black DAN A4-SFX V3 case, I want to swap the fan to black shroud-black fan for my black esthetic theme. Any suggestion and advice? Thanks in advance.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hi, I wonder if I can disassemble the fan that comes with Cryorig C7? I have both versions of Cryorig C7, while Copper C7 have white shroud and black fan blade and for the regular one that comes with a black shroud and white fan. For my next build which is in Black DAN A4-SFX V3 case, I want to swap the fan to black shroud-black fan for my black esthetic theme. Any suggestion and advice? Thanks in advance.

You can remove the fan. It takes a lil' bit of force, so use a strong plastic piece to pry the plastic clips if you need to.

Reactions: IntoxicatedPuma

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Once it comes off the first time, it's easier to take it off after that, but what Thehack said is right, just pry it if it needs motivation.

DanT

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
You can remove the fan. It takes a lil' bit of force, so use a strong plastic piece to pry the plastic clips if you need to.
I cant see the plastic clips as u mention, could you give me a hint?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I cant see the plastic clips as u mention, could you give me a hint?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I think it is technically possible. There are many youtube video guides showing you how to remove the fan blades, usually for the reason to lubricate a fan to get rid of fan noise.

Eg
So, if you dare, you might try to remove the black blades fan and then move it to the black shroud.
If you do try, report success (or failure) here for the benefit of helping others who might come to this situation in the future.

Reactions: VegetableStu

DanT

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
I think it is technically possible. There are many youtube video guides showing you how to remove the fan blades, usually for the reason to lubricate a fan to get rid of fan noise.

Eg
So, if you dare, you might try to remove the black blades fan and then move it to the black shroud.
If you do try, report success (or failure) here for the benefit of helping others who might come to this situation in the future.
Thanks for the info, but on the C7 fans are designed not to come apart (I double check by peeling the sticker below and confirm there is nothing there). Only plastic/rubber stoppers are using in older and cheap fans.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Just spray the white shroud black. I wouldn't want to pry off the blades - you're up against precision engineering here. I pried off a regular cheap case fan then put it back in years ago but it then starts to rattle and squeak under certain conditions.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Thanks for the info, but on the C7 fans are designed not to come apart (I double check by peeling the sticker below and confirm there is nothing there). Only plastic/rubber stoppers are using in older and cheap fans.
stickers on both sides? just to be sure