Zaber Sentry Gaming Build - 140mm Cryorig Fan

SamNicotine

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Here is my gaming setup. Pretty standard stuff for a Sentry case except for the 140mm fan used with the Cryorig C7 heat sink. I cut extra holes in the case skin to open up airflow for the larger fan. (Don't look too close, not all the holes turned out perfect :-) ). I have to credit somebody on this forum for making the 3d part to fix the larger fan on the C7 heatsink. A 5 dollar run to the local 3d printer was all that took. Happy to answer any questions, love this case.

Motherboard: Asrock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU: i5-8400
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB DDR4-2400 (Had to downgrade to memory with no heat spreader to fit under the fan)
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GTX1070 Founder's Edition
Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Storage Drive: Seagate Firecuda SSHD 2TB (Covered in black vinyl so everything is nice and black)
PSU: Corsair SF450
Fan: Cryorig C7 Heatsink + Cryorig CR-XTA 140mm Fan

SamNicotine

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Thanks! I'm real happy with how it turned out too. The noise level compared to the C7 fan is no comparison, much quieter in this setup, almost inaudible from a few feet away at light loads. Adding the extra holes to the skin helped with turbulence a lot.

Unfortunately for temps though, no real help there. I wish it ran a bit cooler. It sits around 30C at no/light loads, during a gaming session it tops out and stays somewhere in the 60's.

Reactions: BrotherStein