CPU TDP and the Dan case

omz

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Apr 17, 2019
I have pre-ordered the Dan A4 v4 and am preparing my future build. I read on r/sffpc that the CPU is recommended to have TDP of 65W. Additionally, the recommended builds in the Dan website FAQ all choose CPUs with TDP of 65W.

What are the risks of choosing a CPU with a higher TDP?

Currently, I am looking into building with the following parts:
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • Gigabyte B450I Aorus Pro Wifi
  • Cryorig C7 Cu
  • Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB
  • Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO 500GB
  • Corsair SF600
  • Noctua A9x14
  • Noctua NF-A9
Would choosing the Ryzen 5 2600X or any other higher TDP CPU be very detrimental to the temps? Would the Noctua case fans be of any help in that situation?

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
For a AMD CPU it isn't a big problem because the CPU will clock down to be in temp specs. So you can use the 2600X. Keep in mind if you like to have good temos and a silent CPU cooler get an L9a and a fan duct. You can get duct 3D files in the FAQ section.

Btw I think the SF450 will be more than enough.

omz

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Apr 17, 2019
For a AMD CPU it isn't a big problem because the CPU will clock down to be in temp specs. So you can use the 2600X. Keep in mind if you like to have good temos and a silent CPU cooler get an L9a and a fan duct. You can get duct 3D files in the FAQ section.

Btw I think the SF450 will be more than enough.

Thanks for the response. I'm only using an SF600 because I have one from a previous build. I'm also considering the Cryorig C7 Cu because I already have one that I haven't used before. But if the noise gets too unbearable during gaming (nowadays I'm playing Division 2), then I will get an L9a.

NotKip

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 24, 2019
Thanks for the response. I'm only using an SF600 because I have one from a previous build. I'm also considering the Cryorig C7 Cu because I already have one that I haven't used before. But if the noise gets too unbearable during gaming (nowadays I'm playing Division 2), then I will get an L9a.
im looking for a Cryorig C7 CU but cannot find one available anywhere except european sellers who dont ship to canada.
if you have a source or end up not using this one i am so interested!

dfrgu

Trash Compacter
Mar 11, 2019
im looking for a Cryorig C7 CU but cannot find one available anywhere except european sellers who dont ship to canada.
if you have a source or end up not using this one i am so interested!

Amazon had them before but now they are out of stock I believe.

I'm using them in my build and they have some problem. It's backplate is terrible, and if you want to change the mount kit to am4, you do need a wreck for it.

Noise not very good in the case, but my gpu fan (1080Ti FE Blower) is far louder in game, so I can live with it.