Power Supply Corsair SF-series Platinum recall topic

Whippler

Trash Compacter
Nov 11, 2019
I got my new unit today, batch #2019. came with a US wallplug, but i kept the powercord from the original, as instructed. I had a 1953 batch that had been lying around for a month waiting for my ITX case, still waiting. So the retuned PSU was unused.

Reactions: AlexTSG

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I got my new unit today, batch #2019. came with a US wallplug, but i kept the powercord from the original, as instructed. I had a 1953 batch that had been lying around for a month waiting for my ITX case, still waiting. So the retuned PSU was unused.

Even though Corsair says that if the power supply fails it won’t damage any of the components, and that not all of the units in the affected lots will fail, it’s still nice to know you have a replacement before building your new PC.

I’ve had my SF600 and an NCASE M1 v6 since the beginning of the year, and will only be able to get the rest once this Coronavirus pandemic is over.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
My situation is similar to yours. My 'previous' (do not want to call it 'old' as it is still brand new with zero usage) SF750 is of 2010 batch which I bought 2 months ago for my upcoming build in Sept/Oct.
Today, I brought the unit to the local Corsair distributor and exchanged it for a brand new one (batch 2020).
The whole venture took 1 hour 10 min (30 min travel to and 30 min travel back + 10 min at the exchange centre).
And, public transportation fare costed me ~ $2 USD.
Quite happy to get this settled.

Reactions: rfarmer and AlexTSG

claybot999

Cable Smoosher
Feb 20, 2020
Wow! Never thought I could get a refurbished item. I hope really not!!!

I really don't know how it is in Europe, but I really hope to not have to wait months for this to resolve due to some big distance and long postage shipments.
I contacted Corsair and they assured me that the replacement would be a new unit. I received my return labels today and waiting on the advanced replacement payment to clear before my replacement is shipped.

Reactions: PIRATAS

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I dodged that bullet with the SF450 in my server build, luckily. I wouldn't want to have missed it for weeks during the RMA procedure.

MODBREAK: I've moved all the posts from the various forum topics concerning the Corsair SF-series PSU recall to this topic as it was the earliest one.

Last edited:
Reactions: PIRATAS

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
I had used one for my CES 2020 Z390 Aorus build (SF750), luckily it wasn't included in the serials. I had sold the build to a friend.

PIRATAS

Chassis Packer
May 26, 2020
I contacted Corsair and they assured me that the replacement would be a new unit. I received my return labels today and waiting on the advanced replacement payment to clear before my replacement is shipped.
Mine is arriving hopefully tomorrow, max on Tuesday.
I hope is brand new as you sa, but I think it will be.
James Logan that is handling all the support for this issue told me that I will receive a new one free of charge, and then I will send back mine.

Will update you guys.

CuMiCo

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
Just received a SF600 today brand new and sealed. I ordered from one of the biggest shops here in Germany. But still it was one of those affected ones ...
I just created two tickets, since I have another SF450, which is also affected related to the lot number (but this was bought in April ... )

PIRATAS

Chassis Packer
May 26, 2020
Received mine from Corsair in substitution to the "affected" SF750 that I've bough on Amazon Italy.

It is a series 2019xx.. so it is OK! installed it and everything is running ok for now.

Sent back already the affected one to Corsair with the prepaid labels they sent me.

For my concerns, Corsair has handled this issue very well and with a lot of professional spirit.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I’ve created a ticket via the official Corsair link for the recall, got a response last Friday asking for the original invoice which I supplied on the same day and I’m now waiting for their response.

Do you guys know how long it usually takes for them to reply ? I’m getting a bit anxious with my SF750 powering my build while this issue is here.

PIRATAS

Chassis Packer
May 26, 2020
I’ve created a ticket via the official Corsair link for the recall, got a response last Friday asking for the original invoice which I supplied on the same day and I’m now waiting for their response.

Do you guys know how long it usually takes for them to reply ? I’m getting a bit anxious with my SF750 powering my build while this issue is here.
Just a few days for first reply, then a couple of weeks to resolve completely (so to end up installing the new SF750).

Reactions: MultiDoc

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I’m getting a bit anxious with my SF750 powering my build while this issue is here.
JonnyGuru himself (now not as an independent but works for Corsair) said the potential defect would not damage other parts of the PC system. As you might know, he has high credibility within the PSU circle. So, hopefully this relieves some of your anxiety.

Reactions: MultiDoc

CuMiCo

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
Today someone from Corsair Germany contacted me and said the PSU is not affected even though I have the critical LOT-number on the package. The supporter told me the SN number on my PU is not affected. I thought the LOT number and serial number are somehow "related", nevertheless I'm happy to hear that :)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Today someone from Corsair Germany contacted me and said the PSU is not affected even though I have the critical LOT-number on the package. The supporter told me the SN number on my PU is not affected. I thought the LOT number and serial number are somehow "related", nevertheless I'm happy to hear that :)
Hmmm...I do not know the serial number is used to identify. Actually, I think the first 8 numbers of the serial number is the lot code itself. So, if the lot code falls in that range (194448xx to 201148xx), yours is affected.
If I were you, I would submit a ticket here:-

It is good to double check with someone from Corsair headquarter.

PIRATAS

Chassis Packer
May 26, 2020

Hmmm...I do not know the serial number is used to identify. Actually, I think the first 8 numbers of the serial number is the lot code itself. So, if the lot code falls in that range (194448xx to 201148xx), yours is affected.
If I were you, I would submit a ticket here:-

It is good to double check with someone from Corsair headquarter.
Open an official ticket from the link up here and tell everything you have experienced with the German support. They will for sure give you correct answers.

Personally, I only trust JonnyGURU. I would write also everything here: http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?17455-SF750-batch-failure
If in case he will confirm that, I would consider my self OK, otherwise, go for the change!!!

claybot999

Cable Smoosher
Feb 20, 2020

Update:
I have received both advanced replacement units, one is brand new unopened and the other is refurbished....... I will be contacting Corsair again. I will try to return the refurbished unit because they only have a 90 day warranty versus the 7 year warranty that came with the brand new unit that I had to open for pictures. The replacement units connectors are crooked and partially recessed. Did anyone else get a refurb? What did you do?