News Corsair Bulldog

So Corsair has decided to take their shot at a Steam machine. Don't much like the looks myself but it's approximately 20.4L and it has a nice, compact CPU cooler and what appears to be a SFX PSU!

Excluding the feet it looks to be about 128mm H x 430mm W x 370mm D = ~20.4L

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm still having doubts about those high-wattage 80+ Gold PSU's in combination with a 80mm or 92mm fan. While it proved to be more quiet than the ST45SF-G it replaces, I suspect that to be because of the 150W extra headroom allowing a lower load and thus reduced heat output to affect it. But I guess this is something Aiboh might confirm with running dual GTX 980's on one :)

I'm expecting the most out of SFX-L due to the increased fan size and larger volume (for components), since the SFX 450W 80+ Gold already has trouble performing at high usage.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The SX600-G fan ramps up even at idle but I think this is more an issue with the overly simplistic fan controller rather than a fundamental issue with dissipating the waste heat in such a tiny box. A platinum-rated 600W with a good 92mm fan and advanced fan controller should be very quiet at most loads.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
LOL incredible how they just copy anything. Not that you aren't right but that they not just round it down. But your image might have turned up in Google I'd guess.

I also occasionally find my own images when I'm looking for more info on something I've discussed. No escape.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
What I don't get is SFX is a spec. It's advertised as a SFX PSU so you'd think it'd follow the spec and not actually have these wacky numbers I estimated. Oh well.