Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
Just completed my build.
HDPLEX 400W
330 Authentic Dell $160 brick from dell
Z370-i MB
TridentZ 16g ram
Noctua low profile cooler

As soon as I start PUBG the system restarts and comes back up. Why would this happen?

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Either the HDPLEX or Dell is failing. This happened to my system as well, and the problem was with the HDPLEX. Some other members here find that it was their Dell adapter.

SFFnewb

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
Either the HDPLEX or Dell is failing. This happened to my system as well, and the problem was with the HDPLEX. Some other members here find that it was their Dell adapter.
So how did you fix it?

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Are you running a GPU as well?

I ran a similar build as yours, with a GTX 1080. I wrote about some of my troubleshooting in the S4M thread, not sure if you've seen them.
  • When I first put my build together, and experienced system restarts. Most folks here claim that my Dell AC adapter (purchased from Amazon) was faulty, so I order a genuine one from Dell directly.
  • While waiting for the genuine Dell, I limited power limit to my GTX1080 down to 50%, and was able to run games.
  • I received my 2nd Dell adapter, and PC was still restarting.
  • Purchased a HP Voodoo 330w AC adapter, PC still restarting.
  • Finally emailed HDPLEX, and worked with Larry to troubleshoot the HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX.
  • I get impatient, so I purchased a HDPLEX 160w DC-ATX to power the CPU with its own Dell brick. The 400w DC-ATX was powered by my second Dell brick. The two DC-ATXs are synced with a PSU spliiter cable. I was able to pack all these into the S4M.
  • As I said, I'm impatient, so I Also purchased the KMPKT Dynamo Mini 160 and 360 combo from SFFLABs, and had the PC running successfully.
  • Received replacement HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX. Everything runs fine now.

Last edited:

diasbaskara

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 1, 2018
Are you running a GPU as well?

I ran a similar build as yours, with a GTX 1080. I wrote about some of my troubleshooting in the S4M thread, not sure if you've seen them.
  • When I first put my build together, and experienced system restarts. Most folks here claim that my Dell AC adapter (purchased from Amazon) was faulty, so I order a genuine one from Dell directly.
  • While waiting for the genuine Dell, I limited power limit to my GTX1080 down to 50%, and was able to run games.
  • I received my 2nd Dell adapter, and PC was still restarting.
  • Purchased a HP Voodoo 330w AC adapter, PC still restarting.
  • Finally emailed HDPLEX, and worked with Larry to troubleshoot the HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX.
  • I get impatient, so I purchased a HDPLEX 160w DC-ATX to power the CPU with its own Dell brick. The 400w DC-ATX was powered by my second Dell brick. The two DC-ATXs are synced with a PSU spliiter cable. I was able to pack all these into the S4M.
  • As I said, I'm impatient, so I Also purchased the KMPKT Dynamo Mini 160 and 360 combo from SFFLABs, and had the PC running successfully.
  • Received replacement HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX. Everything runs fine now.

Are you still using 2 DC-ATXs with 2 bricks or HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX only (the replacement) is enough?

diasbaskara

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 1, 2018
I’m running just the 400w DC-ATX that HDPlex sent to me. Everything works well :)

Nice.

Looking for suggestion.
I have a plan to add MSI 1070 AERO ITX to my Skyreach 4 Mini.
Here is my current build:
  • Intel Core i7-6700K
  • Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
  • Noctua NH-L9i
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
  • Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB
  • WD Scorpio Black 500GB
  • HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX
  • Dell Adapter 330w DA330PA111 (maybe not genuine)
If I add the 1070, the wattage will be around 322w (based on pcpartpicker).
Do you think it is going to work well? Is it 'safe' enough?
Do I need to undervolt (or underclock?) the 6700K to limit its power usage?

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Nice.

Looking for suggestion.
I have a plan to add MSI 1070 AERO ITX to my Skyreach 4 Mini.
Here is my current build:
  • Intel Core i7-6700K
  • Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
  • Noctua NH-L9i
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
  • Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB
  • WD Scorpio Black 500GB
  • HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX
  • Dell Adapter 330w DA330PA111 (maybe not genuine)
If I add the 1070, the wattage will be around 322w (based on pcpartpicker).
Do you think it is going to work well? Is it 'safe' enough?
Do I need to undervolt (or underclock?) the 6700K to limit its power usage?
I run my 8700K with a Zotac Mini GTX 1080 with my HDPlex 400w DC-ATX, so a 1070 with 6700K should be fine.