build a system in skyreach 4 mini case but it keeps shutting off as soon as I start a game

JJ21

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Oct 3, 2019
I had a post asking about it, and I got suggestions about to change the Dell 330w power adaptor. I thought it might be the issue then I changed the adaptor 3 times. I ordered my first one from amazon, I exchanged it with amazon. The replacement unit still not working, so I returned it and I placed another order directly from Dell. unfortunately, the third unit still not working. As soon as I start a game, the system will shut off itself.

I really need help for that, what else issue might be?

my system: i5-9400f, b360i motherboard, 16g ram, 500g m.2 ssd, HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX, dell 330w power adaptor, zotac 1070mini

thank you so much

Last edited:

Bubba

Average Stuffer
Nov 4, 2019
smallformfactor.net
Install MSI Afterburner, set power limit to minimum (approximately 58%) --> apply
(optional) Install XTU. Reduce cpu voltage -0.10 to -0.15 V (lowest stable voltage)
Does your PC still shut off when gaming?

JJ21

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Oct 3, 2019
Install MSI Afterburner, set power limit to minimum (approximately 58%) --> apply
(optional) Install XTU. Reduce cpu voltage -0.10 to -0.15 V (lowest stable voltage)
Does your PC still shut off when gaming?
thx I will try this tonight and get back with the result.

JJ21

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Oct 3, 2019
I tried MSI Afterburner but still no luck. I tried change the ram, even the motherboard I still experienced the same problem. So I thought the last problem maybe come from the HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX unit. I email HDPLEX and explain my issue, I got really quick respons form HDPLEX. They suggested that they would mail me a 400w ac unit to let me try my system, if no problem for my system any more which means that my problem is still caused by the 330w dell adaptor. A week later, I received the 400w ac unit, I tried connect it to my system, my problem solved. I decided to keep the ac unit from HDPLE. Now, I am looking into how I can do a brickless build now. My current GPU will not allow me to do brickless build. I am waitting for Josh to reopen his online store to order the new power button which allow me to install it to the back of the case.