Commission for 3D Printable Riser for Metal Lid of Streacom F1C Evo

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
Original poster
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I am looking to hire someone to design a 3D printable riser that would allow the Streacom F1C's included metal lid to sit slightly above the top to allow hot air to naturally exhaust around the top perimeter. I have been using this case and have found out rather quickly that it gets very hot very fast with a 65W AMD Ryzen 3 3200G even with a Cryorig C7G heatsink and fan. I prefer the aesthetics of the metal lid over the 3D printable lids that are currently available so this idea of a "riser" or "spacer" came to mind and here we are.

As a starting point, I envision something along the lines of this which Perfect Home Theater was going after here. See this album:

Do bear in mind that Perfect Home Theater was redesigning the F1C, whereas you would be creating an accessory to the current F1C Evo that would augment the included lid.

Streacom's publicly available 3D model of the F1C Evo will likely also come in handy:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/d448a69a-22dd-4504-82cf-1b6b35fab480/Streacom-F1C-Evo

My only request for this commission is the final design would be creative commons or public domain so builders everywhere can benefit from it.

Last edited:

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Perhaps this is not the elegant finish you're searching for but, what if you use a couple of ~3mm hex standoff on the two lid's screws? supercheap and you'll keep the original long bottom screws that keep the lid shut. ?

Then you would need another standoff with the exact measure to make the "seatment" for the lid to rest on. I don't have this case so I can't measure the distance between the top end of the rail and the edge of the case itself but you'll sort it out. That standoff would be screwed onto the original chassis rails:

And no, I'm not charging you anything for the idea and from this time on I declare this idea of public interest and free to use and reproduce ?

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
Original poster
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Perhaps this is not the elegant finish you're searching for but, what if you use a couple of ~3mm hex standoff on the two lid's screws? supercheap and you'll keep the original long bottom screws that keep the lid shut. ?

Then you would need another standoff with the exact measure to make the "seatment" for the lid to rest on. I don't have this case so I can't measure the distance between the top end of the rail and the edge of the case itself but you'll sort it out. That standoff would be screwed onto the original chassis rails:

And no, I'm not charging you anything for the idea and from this time on I declare this idea of public interest and free to use and reproduce ?
At first blush, you think this might actually work... except with the added length, the screws will always fall out through the bottom and stick out there unless there is something to hold the lid up on the sides. I just tried it today in preparing my build for an incoming 4750G and it doesn't work. The only way around this is wedging something around the lip of the lid and at that point, I might as well pay for a CNC'ed lid if I want a metal lid and airflow. After conversing with @TheHack, I took to TreatStock and FacFox and I got some quotes for some CNC'ed black aluminum options of this lid design that cost well under $100 that should do the trick.

Last edited:

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
If I may play devils advocate, I have an alternate solution for you. I believe that the vents around the top are a decent size, however they do seem to be difficult to "get to." My first thought was to change the airflow pattern. Have you considered having a duct 3d printed for the c7g that would "scoop" air as an intake from the top vents, and exhaust out the side of the case? The duct would not only direct cool air from outside the case towards the cpu, but it would also prevent hot air from recycling back into the main airflow chamber of the case.