Clever PC Names

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
3,243
2,361
Germany
freilite.com
We also name our cars. Because it's more fun than just saying "Mom's car" and "Dad's car"...

That's the point where I'm not creative. We only have two cars in the family, so it's really just "The Van" and "The Touran".

It might be that people only start naming stuff they heavily customised or feel expresses their individuality? If you're using a stock case with stock components, naming that build seems less urgent than naming a super-custom mod that you're writing a build log about.
 

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
1,165
851
Indiana, US
I picked the color of my latest car, so sort of custom. My wife's car was a custom order (color, trim and options).

OTOH, I also named my first car which I bought used.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Biowarejak

HammahsBananas

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 28, 2026
1
0
Just had a random thought today, what have you guys named your PCs? I try to be clever in naming those I build or help build, and some (I think) happen to be (kind of) rather clever.

For example I have an NCASE M1, which will be getting the panels painted/powdered White later this year; thus it shall be named "Monochrome".

A friend of mine has a Corsair 250D, which, while not really close, is "close enough" to being a cube. Therefore, it is dubbed the "Cubicle".

There are more, but I'm still thinking of those.

So, have any of you guys got (sort of) clever names?
Named my computer “FortunateOne” after my boyfriend who gave me $500 for my first PC. His name is Maddox meaning “son of the fortunate one”. He broke up with me a week before my PC arrived :’)
 
  • Wow
Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

hrh_ginsterbusch

SFF Guru
Nov 18, 2021
1,105
464
Germany
wp-devil.com
I dont name "computers" per se, just the system installation itself. As is normal and required on Unixoid OSes.

The naming scheme follows Star Trek vessel names, eg. the Mesh-mATX system is called Pequod (both for ST:FC and an USS Pequod), my current workstation - which also was the original Mesh-mATX system (planned) - installation is called Phoenix, for the first man-made warp ship. Oh, yet another ST:FC reference.

And yes, Star Trek: First Contact is in the top 5 of my all-time favorite movies :D

IDK yet what I'm gonna call the 270k plus "mystery case" system yet, but its most certainly gonna be another ST vessel name :)

cu, w0lf.