Chimera Industries - Cerberus - Build M109A6 v1

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Original poster
Jan 31, 2017
Also my psu fan is pointed toward the motherboard. That will change them a bit too.
I forgot to thank you for your input a few months ago, so thank you!

I rebuilt the machine over the holiday with some additional components, machine runs a bit cooler. I still need to get cables ordered to pretty it up a bit.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Original poster
Jan 31, 2017
I’ll bet you like that aio a lot better than the h100 lol. Looking good bro!
It certainly looks a lot better and the fans look incredible. From what I understand ASUS partnered with Noctua. We know those MFers can make nice looking black fans. They are holding out!

I still need to measure out those cable lengths. I bought an ASUS Thor 1200W PSU and it came with a 20% cablemod coupon I plan on using for this chassis.

Reactions: loader963

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
It certainly looks a lot better and the fans look incredible. From what I understand ASUS partnered with Noctua. We know those MFers can make nice looking black fans. They are holding out!

I still need to measure out those cable lengths. I bought an ASUS Thor 1200W PSU and it came with a 20% cablemod coupon I plan on using for this chassis.
You are right as far as i remembered fans on those asus aio are based on noctua fans..wonder if there are black edition of nf a 12-25

Nb : fans are based on nf f12..:)

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
If I didn’t already have a wc setup I’d have one of the Asus coolers. I love the display on the pump. Question: are the hoses any easier to bend with it compared to the Corsair? That was my biggest gripe about it.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Original poster
Jan 31, 2017
If I didn’t already have a wc setup I’d have one of the Asus coolers. I love the display on the pump. Question: are the hoses any easier to bend with it compared to the Corsair? That was my biggest gripe about it.
The hoses are pretty malleable. Far better that the Corsair H100i v1 and v2.

The display is great. The LiveDash software is pretty meh but it does its job well enough.

Reactions: Jello

rbroders

Efficiency Noob
Mar 19, 2019
I love this build! Can you provide an updated parts list based on the pic in post #41 please!

I want to build a small wireless VR rig, but can't use ITX because the WiGig transmitter requires a second PCIEx slot. Your build looks like it could accommodate this card between the AIO radiator and the GPU very nicely.

Thanks -- Bob

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Original poster
Jan 31, 2017
I love this build! Can you provide an updated parts list based on the pic in post #41 please!

I want to build a small wireless VR rig, but can't use ITX because the WiGig transmitter requires a second PCIEx slot. Your build looks like it could accommodate this card between the AIO radiator and the GPU very nicely.

Thanks -- Bob

Sure! This is pretty much all of the parts I used:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qK2pTB

I’ll find time to add a wireless PCIE card for a pic.