http://www.gdm.or.jp/crew/2015/0606/118467

It's like a poor copy of the Alienware Area 51 but flipped upside down :p

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
One small difference: while Chieftec is standing the case on one of the short sides (with a stand), Alienware's Area 51 sits on a long side.

The shape isn't at all conducive to a space-efficient build, if we're honest, but I'll be the first to admit that it can look really, really striking:

If I were into ludicrous rigs, and was indifferent about size, I could see myself actually wanting something like that :p But even not feeling that way, I can respect the aesthetics and general design principals of the Area 51 immensely. Save for the front grille pattern they use, it's tastefully futuristic in a way that most "futuristic" cases just aren't.

(And I say that as someone who generally dislikes pretty much anything Alienware makes)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Flipping the A51 over doesn't make it something else than a blatant ripoff. First ThermalTake, now Antec ? Is it really worth badly copying other successful brands as a last breath ? I have yet to see a brand improve itself by badly copying other's work.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I think this one can be answered with just the obvious answer: because.

Not because there is demand for a crummy case like this or that the original is genuinely a good design, but because they saw a design that could be ripped-off that no one has ripped-off yet.