Changed cases now nothing on display

mikex921

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
Hey everyone. I've been pulling my hair out all weekend trying to figure this out. I have been running my setup in a beat up spare case and just picked up a new one. Swapped everything over and now nothing shows up on the display. Details below

Ryzen 7 2700
Vengeance 8gb x2 ram
zotac Gtx 1080 mini
G unique psu
Asus x470i mitx Mobo

This mothboard has an LED that will say lit with a color for an issue. It's white, which means a VGA issue. I have done everything you could think of

No gpu
1 stick ram
New ram
No ram
Different HDMI cable
Different input on display
Different display
New motherboard
New cpu
New psu

I now have a new pc if you look at what I did above. Still no display. It's on a TV and the tv works great. I plug HDMI from my laptop into it and boom it's fine. Smart functions work too, Netflix etc

I now cannot get these two desktops to work in any combination of parts or cords or inputs. W. T. F.

Please help. Any possible advice would be greatly appreciated. I am out of ideas

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
If the board's debug leds work that means it gets to post. When you turn it on does the gpu fan spin?

If it doesn't double check your power cabling that goes to the gpu. Maybe get a multimeter see if it shows 12V alright.

You said it's a g-unique unit, maybe try with an atx unit of you have one.

Other trick is to clean the pcie contacts lest some pins were blocked by debris or something, with an eraser.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
You didn't specify what case you move to, are you possibly using a riser cable now?
This could be it.

Standard procedure step #1:
Take the entire system out of the new case and set it up on top of the motherboard box and see if you can get the signal to the monitor TV.

Reactions: rfarmer

mikex921

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
just to check: you are plugging the hdmi into the gpu and not the mobo, right?

Both were checked but yes

If the board's debug leds work that means it gets to post. When you turn it on does the gpu fan spin?

If it doesn't double check your power cabling that goes to the gpu. Maybe get a multimeter see if it shows 12V alright.

You said it's a g-unique unit, maybe try with an atx unit of you have one.

Other trick is to clean the pcie contacts lest some pins were blocked by debris or something, with an eraser.

I did try another psu also. Wiped the pcie contacts and blew the slot with a can of air

You didn't specify what case you move to, are you possibly using a riser cable now?

I did not move to using a rider cable. But I did plug one in to see if it worked haha. No beans either way
Case - elite 110

This could be it.

Standard procedure step #1:
Take the entire system out of the new case and set it up on top of the motherboard box and see if you can get the signal to the monitor TV.

Also did this. Breadboarded and still never got anything.

I appreciate all the responses. Anything else would be of great help. Ive set it aside due to frustration but will figure it out one day

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
From the looks of it you ruled out pretty much everything but your gpu. Check the power connectors and if that doesnt help switch to another gpu to nail the problem down.