Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
Sorry, sorry, sorry sorry!

to many orders, to much work, wedding organization whole weekend and completly lack of time for anything! First batch ready and packed today will be post - I promise ;) Second batch cores are ready for powder coating, but still waiting for new unibodies, third batch - orders to 27.03 3weeks form now. Fourth batch (orders to 10.04) probably second week of May because of Easter.

I definitly need 30 hours days.

Reactions: Jonny727272

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017

to many orders, to much work, wedding organization whole weekend and completly lack of time for anything! First batch ready and packed today will be post - I promise ;) Second batch cores are ready for powder coating, but still waiting for new unibodies, third batch - orders to 27.03 3weeks form now. Fourth batch (orders to 10.04) probably second week of May because of Easter.

Aw, dang - so EU customers likely won't get them this week. :(

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017

Thanks for the update! No need to apologise for life getting in the way, that happens. As long as you're transparent and keep us updated I'll be totally happy :)

Reactions: eggDK

JoeSFF

Chassis Packer
Mar 25, 2017

I appreciate the quick response and your effort. You have a top quality product with great service and management for it. Thanks for putting all you can into this case, it means a lot to the community.

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
Ordered a 250mm 3m PCIE Riser. Can confirm this will NOT work in the new case. 250mm is too short, and with the bends of the cable, it will not remotely lay flat under the motherboard. For people looking to get a riser cable, grab a 300mm one.

Reactions: deadz0ne

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Ordered a 250mm 3m PCIE Riser. Can confirm this will NOT work in the new case. 250mm is too short, and with the bends of the cable, it will not remotely lay flat under the motherboard. For people looking to get a riser cable, grab a 300mm one.

Is it just because of how that cable is made? I was just about to order a 25cm EZDiy cable. I mean, that is what the spec suggested we could do...

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
Eh. Maybe cause how it is constructed. I bent it over the PCIE slot and under the motherboard, where it buckled quiet a bit on all three strips. I definitely could not lay it flat. The PCI connector just stuck out a few mm on the other side of the motherboard. I would play it safe and get a 30cm one. You might have luck with the 25cm one, but I didn't.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Eh. Maybe cause how it is constructed. I bent it over the PCIE slot and under the motherboard, where it buckled quiet a bit on all three strips. I definitely could not lay it flat. The PCI connector just stuck out a few mm on the other side of the motherboard. I would play it safe and get a 30cm one. You might have luck with the 25cm one, but I didn't.

Shame, we should get more accurate specs then...

Either way, I will just order from Amazon so that I can send back if needed. I will report - when we get cases...

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
I am going to order a 300mm Li Heat one, just to be safe. Ideally I would get 250mm....but eh I dunno. Can't risk it a second time.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
I am going to order a 300mm Li Heat one, just to be safe. Ideally I would get 250mm....but eh I dunno. Can't risk it a second time.

I hear you, 25cm would be great if it worked as there wouldn't be any excess. I will order this one (equivalent in EU area) and report back when I can. It is well rated and not many folks talk about them on here.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
@amitoza !

First batch will be ready next week,
Yes, In first days of next week.
so tomorrow after work shipping first batch.
By post - priority. 100% next week.
First batch ready and packed today will be post - I promise

Updates over past 3.5 weeks (all from different times) ^

So have they actually shipped yet? We are coming up on 6 weeks since purchase (when ETA was 2-3 weeks). I do not mean to be rude, really please do not take it like that, it is just that we have had multiple updates that they were actually being shipped followed by a lack of information, or shipment :(

It is OK if it is taking longer than expected, or if you do not know how long it will actually take - just better to be up front about that if so otherwise you send us on a roller-coaster of emotions! :)

It is just that we all want your beautiful cases...

Reactions: Grafite

deadz0ne

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2017
I ordered this one, since I'm going to use a GTX 1050TI:
https://www.moddiy.com/products/PCI%2dExpress-PCI%2dE-16X-Riser-Ribbon-Extender-Cable-w{47}Molex-%2b-Solid-Capacitor-(30cm).html

30cm Riser with molex & capacitor. Should be used for cards with no external power connector. Probably only supports PCiE 2.0 but shouldn't throttle by any significant amount.

Will test and post results once all parts arrive.
okay.. maybe not the best choice.. this riser isn't really 30 cm... more like 23cm of the actual flex part..
just barely makes it under the mobo.. will have to test when c-1 arrives.. my gpu slot was lowered down 1 cm so maybe it will fit.
functionality not tested yet.. don't want to fry my main rig with bad china parts :D

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
I have the ezdiy 25cm one but no case yet. I'll be sure to test fit it and get back to y'all when my case arrives.