Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

Kagemand

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
I will be able to build in it in July when I am home :-)

Can't sell it, hah, there are no other options for me where both the CPU and GPU face the same way. I was thinking about maybe mounting it on the underside of a table.

Most other cases also have front io in the form of usb2 ports. Not a fan of that either!

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
I will be able to build in it in July when I am home :-)

Can't sell it, hah, there are no other options for me where both the CPU and GPU face the same way. I was thinking about maybe mounting it on the underside of a table.

Most other cases also have front io in the form of usb2 ports. Not a fan of that either!
Well the custom mod slim has both facing up, but I understand your reasoning with the front io. Can't wait to see what you make of it.

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
Do you plan on making a build log? Or just selling me yours :D

Lol :D, I'm sorry you didn't get one dude. If I had a spare I'd give you it. However, I do have the 3d model so if anyone wants to take a chance and have one built themselves, I can pass it onto you.

I haven't started my build yet due to several reasons, but I intend to before the end of this month. I now have a working riser, I have the aftermarket gpu cooler, and cable sleeving. I'm just waiting on the tools, the cpu cooler, and a new HDPLEX.

Reactions: Bruman

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Lol :D, I'm sorry you didn't get one dude. If I had a spare I'd give you it. However, I do have the 3d model so if anyone wants to take a chance and have one built themselves, I can pass it onto you.

I haven't started my build yet due to several reasons, but I intend to before the end of this month. I now have a working riser, I have the aftermarket gpu cooler, and cable sleeving. I'm just waiting on the tools, the cpu cooler, and a new HDPLEX.
I wonder if I took the designs to a metal working shop of they could make one? Or protocase? For now I'm falling back on modding an Xbox to build a PC in. Not nearly as small, but a fun project :)

Kagemand

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
Protocase just seems awfully expensive, as far as I have seen?

I wonder where he had his cases produced and how he could get it done so relatively cheaply at a low volume.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
...I do have the 3d model so if anyone wants to take a chance and have one built themselves, I can pass it onto you.

I'll take a copy of those plans, where I live there is an abundance of metal manufacturers, industrial painters and the like, as well as a contact at my local former high school who has access to some pretty cool heavy-duty machinery. I'll have crack at it :cool:

Snapky

What's an ITX?
May 28, 2016

Hey, it would be awesome if you could send me those 3D-models. I've always wondered how the dimensions of the case were designed. Thanks :D

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Protocase just seems awfully expensive, as far as I have seen?

I wonder where he had his cases produced and how he could get it done so relatively cheaply at a low volume.
Protocase, is like their name suggests, to prototype a case. With other manufacturers, a prototype is basically a one MOQ case with all the startup and project costs rolled into it. Quite often these run into the thousands of dollars.

When you want to build more than one, you get to divide the startup cost between the other cases. Most likely the low cost for the cases was because of cheap labor force and a considerable MOQ.

Reactions: allison_Protocase

deadz0ne

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2017
I have transferred my case to PayPal since @amitoza has not replied to my PayPal dispute since I opened it. Really is a shame as it looked like my case was finished in one of his pictures. But not giving Updates for weeks and delaying shipment for almost 3 months is reason enough for me to request a refund. I'll start looking for alternatives now.

Reactions: br3nd0

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
So what's gonna happen here? Seems like one or two people are interested in picking up the slack to build similar cases to the Catz C1 and C-SFX, or some modified versions of them. I'm picturing a case slightly larger than the S4 mini, large enough to accommodate a AC-DC power supply inside, no brick. Just powerful enough for a 200 watt system.