Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

godshinobi

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 13, 2017
Lol :D, I'm sorry you didn't get one dude. If I had a spare I'd give you it. However, I do have the 3d model so if anyone wants to take a chance and have one built themselves, I can pass it onto you.

I haven't started my build yet due to several reasons, but I intend to before the end of this month. I now have a working riser, I have the aftermarket gpu cooler, and cable sleeving. I'm just waiting on the tools, the cpu cooler, and a new HDPLEX.

Wow, nice one! Could you send them to me too please? Big thanks!

Bruman

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
Lol :D, I'm sorry you didn't get one dude. If I had a spare I'd give you it. However, I do have the 3d model so if anyone wants to take a chance and have one built themselves, I can pass it onto you.
I would also love to have a copy of this.

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
If Jonny got his case then I'm assuming the other 4 people amitoza was talking also received their cases. Which is great!

I haven't released the Catz C-1 3D model because I got a lot of requests. It made me panic a little so I asked an admin if it was ok for me to release it. The response I got was expected, only with amitoza's permission. So I've been trying to contact him, but haven't gotten a response. I'll try one last time.

Last edited:

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Do you all think the price of MXM will come down? I just have such a hard time justifying nearly twice the price for the same performance. I know we all want to go crazy small, but money man...

Just to comment on this - I think the issue with MXM right now is that the development cost on one of these boards is pretty huge and the number of units that are moved are quite low. I believe that most of the big laptop manufacturers have custom boards done on their own development budget (yay broken market for upgrading laptops). As with any product like this, I'm certain that the more sales that the development budget can be spread between the lower the cost will be. I used to think it was just nVidia putting forth price barriers to the adoption of MXM, but I'm not so certain that is the case anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: VeeTeeF and br3nd0

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Not to start an argument, but is Amitoza's design actually copyrighted?

Copyright is what you inherently get by creating something. It does not need to be requested or issued, you don't even need to include a copyright statement with your work. As soon as you write something, you have copyright on that, the same goes for music, art, CAD files, drawings, pretty much anything that can be said to have been authored by yourself. So yes, the design is copyrighted.

It is not, however, protected by any technical or design patents - as far as we know anyway -, so you could recreate the case yourself and sell that (IANAL, this is not legal advice), but you can not use his original files to do it.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It is not, however, protected by any technical or design patents - as far as we know anyway -, so you could recreate the case yourself and sell that (IANAL, this is not legal advice), but you can not use his original files to do it.

I'm no lawyer either, but that's my understanding as well.

Reactions: Biowarejak

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Two Star Wars video references in one page, love it XD

If recreating the cases is fair game with original design files, then that would be pretty convenient as people can tweak the designs to their liking.

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Two Star Wars video references in one page, love it XD

If recreating the cases is fair game with original design files, then that would be pretty convenient as people can tweak the designs to their liking.

It would be very nice. My father-in-law has been hinting at wanting to build me a custom PC case. Out of wood, since that's his craft.

Bruman

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
I haven't released the Catz C-1 3D model because I got a lot of requests. It made me panic a little so I asked an admin if it was ok for me to release it. The response I got was expected, only with amitoza's permission. So I've been trying to contact him, but haven't gotten a response. I'll try one last time.
Oh so is it the official CAD model? I thought it was a fan made approximated one haha.