Can I get a spec recomendation with an I9

luckydee

Case Bender
Original poster
Mar 7, 2019
Hi there, sorry if this has already been covered, this is my first attempt at a mini case and I really wanted some feedback/Build ideas!

I've been trying to find the best way i can make a dream mini build that's beefed out to hell for 3d modeling and gaming and I wanted to ask if price wasn't an option what's the best build specs you could do for this case?

And is there any way to fit an i9? Aand what's the best fans possible so it doesn't overheat?:)
I saw this build on the forum https://geizhals.at/?cat=WL-677321 but i wanted to see if anythign that was newer with an I9 and possibly suport for 64g+ ram

The build Idea I have so far:
CPU i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz
GPU GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti GAMING OC 11G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-I Gaming AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 HDMI M.2 Mini-ITX Motherboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi
RAM CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB
PSU SF Series™ SF600 — 600 Watt 80 PLUS®
M2 SSD 1)WD Black 500 GB 2) m.2 1 WD Black 1TB
SSD Samsung SSD 970 EVO
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Case Dan Case A4-SFX

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Be sure to pick a mini ITX motherboard, and also make sure the Black Ridge fits with your motherboard choice.

luckydee

Case Bender
Original poster
Mar 7, 2019
Be sure to pick a mini ITX motherboard, and also make sure the Black Ridge fits with your motherboard choice.
Updated the motherboard! How could I make sure the black ridge fits?
Also would i be able to use the I9k properly or is it too much to ask for this size

Myzhi

Chassis Packer
Dec 9, 2018
You n
Updated the motherboard! How could I make sure the black ridge fits?
Also would i be able to use the I9k properly or is it too much to ask for this size
You need a Z390 itx MB. X470 is for AMD CPU. Pretty sure, there aren’t any Z390 ITX MB that has more than 2 ram slots.

The best cooling solution is Asetek 545LC AIO or upcoming 645LC AIO. As to whether a black ridge would fit, it’s base on MB cooling heat sink shield configuration blocking or not. A Cryorig C7 Copper has better compatibility and might offer better cooling anyway.

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I googled "black ridge cooler z390", and found some relevant information. Hopefully these are helpful, and that you'll know how to search for more information next time! :)
The pcpartpicker link is likely the most helpful. Good luck!

BonfireOfDreams

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2019
I very much doubt the black ridge provides adequate cooling for an i9-9900k, Per Dan's recommendation, if you insist on using the Black Ridge with an i9-9900K, set up "Long Power Duration Limit" to 95W in UEFI. As someone pointed out as well you do need to select a new z390 mini-itx motherboard that is compatible with the black ridge cooler. The one currently selected won't work with Intel processors. If you want to maximize performance you will need the Asetek 545lc AIO, granted none are available at this time. Revision 4 of the a4-sfx will be launching near the same time frame as the new Asetek AIO cooler that will have better orientation & I believe the case will have 5mm of extra headroom for fitting the cooler as well. Best to keep an eye out for the future!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@luckydee I really don't recommend the 9900k because it is a extreme hot CPU. Currently there is only one A4-SFX configuration that allows to cool the 9900k propper without modification in the UEFI and a acceptable noise level:

https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-1168464

If the 9900k isn't a must have pick this configuration (AMD Ryzen 7 2700) and you will have much more fun and nearly the same performance while having more money for a better GPU that will result in more FPS:

https://geizhals.at/?cat=WL-677321