Can I bring a 240 AIO on a plane?

ScVince

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
Hey guys. I am an international student and go back home during the break with my computer. I have being planning to upgrade my cooling system to a 240 AIO. I wonder if I can bring my system on the plane without the need to drain the system or put the system with my luggage.

Rolling9Deep

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2018
You can't drain AIO.

You do have to check them in.

How do You know? Plenty of posts that say otherwise. I haven’t seen one post where someone claims they were actually prevented from bringing their AIO machine onboard. However there Are many posts in which the writers claim they had no problems with security.

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Technically it is sealed so there would be no problem bringing it on cabin. But I'd hate it if I advise someone and they got stopped at the xray. It is fluid after all, xray can see them. You'd be at the mercy of them.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Technically no. Most airport's security states a max of 100ml in a container inside a small ziplock bag ready for inspection. An 240 AIO does not fit inside a ziplock bag and the liquid volume (usually around 200ml) exceeds the max allowable.
But you can always try your luck. If you run into a guy having a bad day, you are out of luck then. I suspect many security people just do not follow this rule strictly.