Can anyone help me out with creating a flange in Fusion 360?

chingi5

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Hello everyone!

I don't know if this the correct place to ask but I'm having a trouble modeling my case.
I did all the modeling in Sketchup before but after I saw Josh Sniffen's advice about Autodesk Fusion I immediately downloaded it.

But I've never any experience with CAD software of this complexity before so I'm learning in the process.

So my problem is this:

As you can see when I choose the Flange tool and put my cursor on the edge it selects it no problem.

But after creating the flange on that side I need another one on the opposite side and when I put my cursor on the edge it selects the whole surface instead and I am unable to create the flange

This might be a stupid question but please help me out.

Thanks for any advice!

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
If you hold down left click there will be a window pop up showing the rest of the things you can select

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
I didn't quite get what you mean?
Fusion 360 sometimes act weird and don't allow you to precisely select what you want. By holding down left mouse button, something like this will show up:

You can then use this window to cycle through items near your mouse and select them.

Reactions: owliwar

chingi5

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Fusion 360 sometimes act weird and don't allow you to precisely select what you want. By holding down left mouse button, something like this will show up:

You can then use this window to cycle through items near your mouse and select them.
Thank you! I really appreciate your advice but I've decided to start over with the design.

chingi5

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017

I've reopened the project and tried the thing that you suggested and it's exactly what I need!
Thank you very much!