Completed Caeruleum - Core P5 Inspired Custom Case

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
It’s finally here!

Will start the tear down of my current pc soon :)

How does it feel, strength-wise?

It looks awesome!

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
How does it feel, strength-wise?

It looks awesome!
The arms from the main body admittedly feel les strong than I would have liked, however, after installing the radiators and PSU, they reinforce it all and it’s actually very sturdy.

Everything lines up properly, which is a surprise. And it doesn’t sag over like I thought it would.

The only problem I have encountered is that I haven’t left enough room from the monoblock and the PSU. It’s literally about 2mm too close. It does “fit” but it means the PSU is resting on the right angle bit. I could get a normal CPU block and that would give me the clearance I need. But for now I’m sticking with the monoblock.

Reactions: Windfall

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
Have updated the reserved post with the entire catalogue of photos.

They are also posted below.

OOOPPPPSSSSSS

Thanks for sticking it out to the end you mad lad!

Storms! What an effort that was to arrange! Probably should give a shout out to my girlfriend who tolerated me neglecting her for two days while I tore down my existing build, cleaned and dismantled every waterblock, and then reassembled everything only to tinker around with my shiny new case.

I know they have a representative in the forums, so a YUGE shout-out to Protocase for helping to bring my dream to life. Especially Amy for answering all my questions and being incredibly patient with me. Really can't express enough gratitude to how easy they make the process. The sturdy little tank on my desk is a testament to all the help and effort they put in on their end. The only issues I had was entirely my fault for an incorrect measurement on my PCIE Bracket. Every tapped hole and size was correct to my drawings.

So what now?

My girlfriend jokingly made the comment the other day about how long this case would last me...

...and she's right. I do have the itch to do it all again, but for now I'm content. I have all my MDPC sleeve ready to go. So give me a few months to sleeve some cables and I'll have the glamour shots ready to go. DON'T even ask for a shot of behind the motherboard tray. It's a mess. But after I've made my custom cables I'll attack the rear with some cable ties.

Last edited:

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
Here’s a little sample of the colours I’m sleeving my cables