Discussion Cable management issues in Sliger sm550

slidingsliger

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 29, 2020
These are my specs. Also this is my first time posting on this forum so please let me know if this belongs somewhere else.

CASE: Sliger sm550
CPU: Intel i9 10900k
GPU: Nvidia ASUS GTX 970 Turbo
PSU: Corsair SF750
AIO COOLER: Asetek 645LT with Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16gb
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg z490i unify
FANS: Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM

After building everything, I've discovered that the way my psu cables are positioned in a way that interferes with the AIO radiator fan. The cables point downward into the AIO fan, preventing the fan from spinning. I've measured and I have about 1 and 1/4 inch of space between the psu and the fan. Here are some pictures (let me know if you need more pictures in order to picture the problem):

Now my question is this: Is there a way to cable manage it so I don't have to buy anything extra such as custom cables? Or am I doomed with the space I have and I have to buy custom made psu cables so they can flexibly bend right before hitting the radiator. And if I were to have to buy custom cables, do you guys have any suggestions for them? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you and have a wonderful day!

slidingsliger

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 29, 2020
Hey, thanks for the advice. I just purchased a 92mm fan grill and it should be coming soon, I'll let you know how that works out!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey, thanks for the advice. I just purchased a 92mm fan grill and it should be coming soon, I'll let you know how that works out!
It is usually the cheap and easy way, I used a grill over the 120mm fan on my 550 below the PSU.