C14s > U9s with intake GPU fans?

mxblues

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jan 28, 2020
Benefits of the c14s in the NCase M1:

We can see better temps with a glass side panel which is awesome. But these tests are done with an Accelero GPU cooler and GPU fans in exhaust. We know that unless you have Accelero GPU, fans are better as intake. Would like to confirm If C14s > U9s without Accelero (+GPU case fans as intake). I have a blower style 5700 and getting ready to switch to an M1 from the Ghost S1. Probably will get an RTX 3XXX but wondering if the C14s is the right move. Especially since V6.1 is plug/play with the C14s.

Appreciate any help!

-Best

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
C14s is always the right move. Lower thermals, but best thing is lower noise. The 140mm fan makes less noise, pushes more air and also has a lower frequency sound in stead of the high pitched 92mm noctua fan i have at the rear. I have it max at 35% since I can't stand it. The 140mm can be blown at 50% fan speed without being audible. I have it as intake,which gave me the best temps and also way lower mobo chip temps.

mxblues

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jan 28, 2020
C14s is always the right move. Lower thermals, but best thing is lower noise. The 140mm fan makes less noise, pushes more air and also has a lower frequency sound in stead of the high pitched 92mm noctua fan i have at the rear. I have it max at 35% since I can't stand it. The 140mm can be blown at 50% fan speed without being audible. I have it as intake,which gave me the best temps and also way lower mobo chip temps.

Awesome thank you. I’ll go C14s. What GPU are you running?

Jetpaction

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2020
No problem! I have the strix rx 5700xt (stock) running on 69 degrees (would be this on stock) on a custom fan curve on 40-55% fan speed depending on the game.

Can you fit 25mm fans underneath this GPU if you remove the shroud with stock fans? I notice it's a very beefy card.

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Can you fit 25mm fans underneath this GPU if you remove the shroud with stock fans? I notice it's a very beefy card.
2.5 slot gpus can fit 25mm fans if you remove the shroud. Anything higher needs to use slim 120mm fans. That gpu is 2.7 slots, but I've seen deshrouded 2.75 slots fit with slim fans.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I can fit slim fans, but they won't do much. With the shroud removed, I have the perfect accelero which fits 25mm fans perfectly. I will do this when the black sterrox fans from noctua come out.