Build suggestions

Kir4a

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Jan 18, 2020
Hi all I'm new to the art community and a newbie in PC building.
Currently I have a need for a portable PC (not a laptop), so my config so far is this.
For starters I'm trying to decide on the case. My top 3 choices are: Velka 3/5 - ghost S1 their size are ideal to me, prob is I can't preorder any of them (yet) ?
Build:
AMD ryzen 5 3600
aorus x570ac
2x8 3600mhz ram
Corsair sfx 600w
2x m.2 ssd 512 (a data x8200)
cryorig c7cu

Any suggestion will be appreciated
Thanks in advance. Choo choo goes the hype train!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
If you can fit the Velka 3 is the smallest "simple" option. Note that you will need a FlexATX PSU, not SFX. Also I don't know of the C7 will fit in the Velka 3 - you may have to go Noctua L9a, not that that's a bad thing.

The Dan Case A4 is orderable right now on Caseking, I believe. That would also be a very small machine you could take with you, and that opens up more options for cooling, but at slightly larger size.

Kir4a

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Jan 18, 2020
Dan case is much larger than my preferences! Do u have any idea when the ghost S1 will be available I've read that the velkas will be available from may again

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Dan case is much larger than my preferences! Do u have any idea when the ghost S1 will be available I've read that the velkas will be available from may again
Are you in the US? Amazon is supposed to get batch 4 shipment of the Ghost next week and should be available for sale shortly after.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Dude the Dan Case A4 is 7.2L and the Ghost S1 in its smallest configuration is 8.2L. If you thinking the Ghost is small enough, the Dan A4 is smaller.

saadh.sam

Case Bender
New User
Jan 18, 2020
The Silverstone SG13B is an excellent and affordable SFF case. Obviously not on par when it comes to quality and flexibility compared to the ones you mentioned, but it's great for its price tag. Comes in at around 11.5L in volume.

Kir4a

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Jan 18, 2020
Dude the Dan Case A4 is 7.2L and the Ghost S1 in its smallest configuration is 8.2L. If you thinking the Ghost is small enough, the Dan A4 is smaller.
Hmmmm really! I must've misread the dimensions with another case! I was almost thinking the Skyreach 4 TBH but the PSU issue bothers me a bit