Build Advice Appreciated

CASeoul

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
Hi there, so after a few days of researching I've come to the realization that I want to build a SFF PC.

TLDR:
Need SFF Case recommendation
Preferably needs to support:
Strix 1080ti which is 300mm long, 2.5 thick
Small as possible, but also want it to be quiet/cool.
WIlling to compromise on size to gain better temps/noise.
Have a proposed build at the bottom.

Story follows

I wanted to go super small to like an A4 or even Ghost S1, but I have a few limiting factors at the moment.
So the parts I have lying around are basically my old 6600k, an ATX board (which I'll sell), and a Strix 1080ti (2.5slot cooler).
I have a desktop setup for my own apartment and currently have the 1080ti in an Akitio Node Pro which I connect to my laptop with TB3, which all hooks up to a 4k tv at my girlfriend's. The issue with this is we don't like all the small fans as it's in the bedroom.
So I want to get everything into a SFF so I can just leave it under the TV like an HTPC and also have it be fairly portable, but I want to stuff it with enough to play games at 4k 60fps.
So you can see where I run into a lot of problems.
Strix is basically 300mm in length, and the extra thick cooler on it means most of the super attractive SFF cases are out.
I was looking into building in an M1, but decided to go for a flatter case instead and looked more at things like the Node 202 and the Silverstone FTZ01-E which is more or less what I've settled upon.

I'm planning to get it all to fit and cool well with a few little hacks that I've found by reading, so any feedback or advice would be appreciated!

Parts:
Case
i5 6600k
Cryorig C1 with Noctua NH-A14 (Read this fits somewhere, used as intake)
Corsair LPX 2x8 (need low profile due to C1)
MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon
Strix 1080ti Gaming (Shroud removed and cooled with 2 Noctua NF-F12 3000rpm on exhaust on the case, connected to PWM headers on the card)
Silverstone NJ450-SXL PSU
1.25" Silicone Hemisphere Bumpers to raise it off the ground for better exhaust as I plan to have it horizontal

So that's what I've come up with so far. If you have any suggestions please let me know! I'm trying to get it as small as possible while still being as quiet as I can make it. (If anyone wants to buy a lightly used Node Pro, let me know as well)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Both the A4 and Ghost have a max GPU width of 45mm and the Strix is 52.5mm. You are going to be hard pressed finding a case smaller than the Ncase M1 that will support the Strix.