Brief Hello & Current Project (help needed)

Hey there! Excited to join the community. NFC and OptimumTech have gotten me really into SFF builds over the past year or so. My main rigs are larger, performance oriented builds, but I'm really interested in getting more into custom and budget SFF builds going forward.

At the moment, I'm sitting on a very lightly used R5 2400g and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. ITX mobos have gotten stupidly expensive recently so I would really like to find something similarly sized that I can use to turn it into a media machine. I came across this forum thread from last February, so I'm familiar with the Onda board, but since it's over a year old now, I figured I would ask all of you if there is anything else out there to consider. Thanks in advance for the help!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hi and welcome ! X570 boards sure are pricey but I'd recommend a B450 board if you aren't planning to upgrade to Ryzen 4000-series when it arrives later in the year or next year.

EnJeiBee

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 12, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I would really like to drop the 2400g into something like a Mac Mini knockoff case without a GPU. Because of that, I'm thinking something like a thin-ITX board that doesn't even have a PCIe slot. I've seen the Onda board out there, but I'm a little concerned about future support there. The ASRock a320tm-itx would be ideal, but it sounds like they have no plans to make it available in the U.S. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and give the Onda a go.

Hi and welcome ! X570 boards sure are pricey but I'd recommend a B450 board if you aren't planning to upgrade to Ryzen 4000-series when it arrives later in the year or next year.

EnJeiBee

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 12, 2020
Actually, I just looked and it appears that the Onda is no longer available. So my question at this point is, are there eve any thin-ITX AM4 boards available right now?

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I would really like to drop the 2400g into something like a Mac Mini knockoff case without a GPU. Because of that, I'm thinking something like a thin-ITX board that doesn't even have a PCIe slot. I've seen the Onda board out there, but I'm a little concerned about future support there. The ASRock a320tm-itx would be ideal, but it sounds like they have no plans to make it available in the U.S. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and give the Onda a go.