Blacked Out Ncase M1

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
I got more than a few questions when I posted my build to reddit, so I figured some people here would like to see it as well. If anything, it's just another Ncase build, but with a few interesting part choices.
I'm a big fat liar. The build isn't fully blacked out. The cables aren't. The custom cables by pslate are really the star of the show and pop against the black background. I don't have any photos with the glass on (stupid glare), but with the side panel, it looks quite amazing.

Parts list:
Ryzen 7 1700 (Zen 2 upgrade maybe?)
Macho 90 CPU cooler with 2 Noiseblocker PE-P fans (my favorite part of the build)
Asus B450-I Strix
2x16 gb G.Skill Ripjaws V
GTX 1080 Ti Strix (shroud removed)
Corsair SF600 Gold (Platinum is too hard to find, so screw it)
Pslate custom cables for Ncase M1
Ncase M1
2 Noiseblocker PL-PS for the GPU

Building in the Ncase was a breeze, as the Ncase is so well designed. The custom cables take away a huge amount of the difficulty of cable management, something that I really struggled with in my Cerberus X build. The build is set up like the popular U9S + Accelero III combination, but instead of using an Accelero, I picked out the Strix as it fits perfectly in 2 slots, provides better VRM cooling than the Accelero, and doesn't require removing the heatsink at all. The Macho 90 is my favorite part of the build, and even though the cables are the star of the build, the massive imposing tower cooler does steal part of the attention. I tested it with both normal and glass side panel, and it fits the normal panel fine, but the heatpipes touch the glass. A few ahem "love taps" on the heatpipes later and the cooler fits quite perfectly inside the case. It really adds a lot to the blacked out theme of the build and it's a fairly unique part in this build as I don't think I've seen anyone use this cooler with the Ncase.

I'd love to hear any suggestions on how this build can be improved. This build is always a work in progress and I appreciate any feedback.

(Forgot to take pictures during the build so no build log)

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Love this build. I need to find this cooler!
Hehe, that cooler wasn't easy to come by. Thermalright has basically left the US market for greener pastures, namely the Chinese market. The easiest way to get it is via Aliexpress, but it doesn't come cheap at $68 when it retailed for $40 in the US. Plus I suspect it's just about equal to the U9S due to the finstack being larger to dissipate more heat, but having one less heatpipe. If it had an extra heatpipe or two for that large finstack, it would be the cooler to get for the Ncase. As of now, it's a more expensive option for a 92mm tower cooler and only really makes sense for aesthetics. Still looks amazing though.

Super clean build, might you share the lengths of your custom cables...?
I ordered these cables from pslatecustoms.com, so the lengths are preselected by them based on your components choice. Also, I'm really hesitant to give out lengths as I feel that publishing lengths for cables would be robbing him of another customer, as he's the only person making custom length cables for small form factor cases like the Ncase, the Dan A4, and the S4 Mini, and he needs all the support he can get. Sorry about that, but those are my personal thoughts. I do have lengths that he published in a build before he started doing custom cables. He got those from ensourced.net, so other custom cable manufacturers may have slight variances. You may have to make adjustments or use Corsair Shorties from ensourced depending on your psu orientation.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comm...glass_window/deakxze/?st=jqxkljbx&sh=0d03af7e

Wow so nice. I love the black rgbs ;)
Thanks. I used RGB in my main system in the Cerberus X, but the wiring for the ML120 RGB fans and the controller made it an absolute nightmare to build in and I dread the day I have to disassemble it for upgrading parts or troubleshooting. I also felt that the allure of RGB really wears off over time and I ended up switching the color to a violet purple. I wanted to stay away from RGB this time and a blacked out build seemed like a really good idea. The GPU and motherboard still have RGB, but it's disabled for now. I frankly prefer the look of it blacked out and the only lighting being the light shining in through the glass from the outside from the outside versus RGB glowing out from the case.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hehe, that cooler wasn't easy to come by. Thermalright has basically left the US market for greener pastures, namely the Chinese market. The easiest way to get it is via Aliexpress, but it doesn't come cheap at $68 when it retailed for $40 in the US. Plus I suspect it's just about equal to the U9S due to the finstack being larger to dissipate more heat, but having one less heatpipe. If it had an extra heatpipe or two for that large finstack, it would be the cooler to get for the Ncase. As of now, it's a more expensive option for a 92mm tower cooler and only really makes sense for aesthetics. Still looks amazing though.
I think Silver Arrow 130 would be the ultimate air cooler for the M1, thermally speaking.
BTW, is there a side fan for exhaust?

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
I think Silver Arrow 130 would be the ultimate air cooler for the M1, thermally speaking.
BTW, is there a side fan for exhaust?
No, the cooler pulls intake from the rear of the case (could use a dust filter) and exhausts from the bottom. The Silver Arrow 130 looks really nice, but I'm not the most experienced with Taobao, plus it doesn't fit the rest of the build. If there was a blacked out version by default (no graphite paint please), that would be an instant buy.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Nice black and clean build!
With custom feet from what I see!

Hard to improve it further, maybe by replacing the hose ports at the back with '25mm Black Rubber Blanking Wiring Grommets'?

Nice find, I have been thinking about replacing the hose ports on mine, and forgot to check the specs. These look ideal thanks. I'll check the local electrical wholesaler first, now I know what I need...