Motherboard BIOSTAR X370GTN

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Thought I'd start a post about this mainboard. I purchased it before the Gigabyte AB350N came out.

I like it because you can take off the shoddy stickers and the board is nice and black.

Problem for me is the ATX24 position. I plan on building in the SG13 and even though I know most people would prefer the ATX plug there, i actually prefer the Gigabyte's at the top :)

Also .... NO WIFI :(

In the end I guess I'll settle for the board that clocks the best with the CPU and memory...

I think Gigabyte might have an advantage here as the biostar X370GTN doesn't seem to even have the AGESA 1.0.0.6 update which is supposed to add 3600 and 4000 mhz memory support.

Last edited:

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
I needed an ITX motherboard for a personal build while Orthrus is out of action. I had to lend my power supply to someone ;)

I wish that the mATX version supported SLI but it doesn't :(
The biostar matx board even though its x370... the bottom PCI slot is only wired for x4 ....
SLI needs 2 x x8 slots :/

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I needed an ITX motherboard for a personal build while Orthrus is out of action. I had to lend my power supply to someone ;)

I wish that the mATX version supported SLI but it doesn't :(
The biostar matx board even though its x370... the bottom PCI slot is only wired for x4 ....
SLI needs 2 x x8 slots :/
Are you sure it was just the PSU................................................

Reactions: LukeD

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Hahahah it was :) ... mine's at home being hardline tubed :)
........ oh dear i've said too much :p

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Biostar posted the AGESA 1.0.0.6 update here. The catch is they removed P-State overclocking. :mad:

I think I'm going to switch to the Gigabyte or ASRock board...

Thank you for that link !
I haven't looked at overclocking this platform yet, so I don't know the implication.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
So... What is the actual benefit of this mobo over the previous BioStar board? Since we are limited to only one PCIE slot, is there any use of the x370 chipset? And still no WiFi/Bluetooth? Seriously, BioStar?