Best SFF Case for Pure Air

Mopar63

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2019
Hey guys, wanting to do a new build. Been looking at some open air options including MakersBeams to create a custom open air option. What is the best SFF case for doing a pure air build? Goal is a Ryzen 3600 and a 5700XT for the GPU.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hey guys, wanting to do a new build. Been looking at some open air options including MakersBeams to create a custom open air option. What is the best SFF case for doing a pure air build? Goal is a Ryzen 3600 and a 5700XT for the GPU.
For open air option, be sure to check out Streacom BC1 Mini, which I am using currently. A strong recommendation.

For SFF case, may I ask, do you mind using a PCIe riser cable (a must if the 'sandwich' form factor, or called 'A4' form factor is considered)? This makes a big difference in the decision making. And, which CPU cooler do you plan to use and which brand/model is your 5700XT?

I suppose, it depends on how one defines 'best' SFF case. One approach is to choose a certain desired 'best' air cooler (eg NH-U12A) and find a case to fit it in. That cooler is 158mm tall which not many SFF cases can accommodate. Perhaps only a handful will. Eg, Deng F15 Pro at 20L (just fits into the 20L category) and Sunmilo C01 (12.2L).

Last edited: